PDA

View Full Version : 93 900

djolliev
September 27th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I have a 1993 CBR 900. This is my first bike and I am curious if the CBR 900's are known for the steering feeling heavy on the front end of the bike. I have numerous friends with bikes of different makes and models and none of them when ridden feel slow and heavy like mine does. I have Brand new 16" 207 on the front that helped the smootheness of my turns ( due to the old tire wearing unevenly it felt like it wobbled ) but the front is just not light and easy feeling to steer like most other bikes I have ridden. Any thoughts or ideas would be very welcome.

Blademan
September 28th, 2004, 04:45 AM
If I am not mistaken, I think that was the first year of the CBR 900. I remember reading in a mag quickly that the first year 900 was pretty twitchy. It is in no way as refined as the later 900's. My $.02 is that it may be a normal characteristic of the early bike.

Archer 900RR
October 18th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Whats Blademan win BOB? A new CBR 1000RR!!!! hahaha wake up man!

Nah you didnt win, However you are correct, the 93 was the year the 900RR was unvailed. From what I have read in all sites and mags that it has a rough steering until about 94-95. mine is a lil rough until I got a new tire, which in this case isnt your problem. From what others have done was just upgrade the steering to the newer models of the 900. it all fits. I think the only thing thats a 95 on my bike is the Frame, swing arm, sub frame, and motor. Oh and seats. Everything else is from 96-99. including my steering. my triple setup is off a 98 which is at a slightly different angle than the 95's were. I'm still sporting the 16" front rim, but ya know I dont have the $$$ for a 17"rim yet. If the steering is kinda freaking you out. I would look at upgrading the steering, or possibly taking it apart and GREASING THE BEARINGS GOOD. This would help alot.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Archer