PDA

View Full Version : Triple clamp info needed

cyclic
February 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I bought a used 94 RR with a bunch of stuff done to it, it has a Ontatio Moto Tech triple clamp?!? Does anyone have any info on the triple clamp? What if anything did it change?

jawhn
February 9th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Triple clamps are usually -just- cosmetic mods. You should be ok. But if someone is familiar with this brand, please post up!

Take a pic and upload it so we can see what you're talking about...

Sime
February 10th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Good triples.

I used to have a set of Ontario Moto Tech triple clamps on my 95.

I could very easily be wrong, but I believe they change the rake a little to make the bike handle a little better (more in line to make it like the 98-99 that had a redesign of the forks). BUt I could be wrong because isn't the rake angle controlled by the headstem angle? They might just be for show - you know, nice anodized CNC triples.

The company, to the best of my knowldege, is no longer in business however.

cyclic
February 10th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it was not just a cosmetic mod. This bike has all the indicators of being a former track bike. Still in decent shape but the guy I got it from should NEVER be allowed to work on bikes!!!!!!

Good points- 99 upper fairing/headlights/tank/radiator, Two brothers pipe, 96 electrics/computer/guages, pollished frame and rims, clear integrated LED tail, MotoTech triples, steering dampner, aftermarket clipons.

Bad points (most have been repaired already)- fan motor always running, temp switch not connected, regulator harness fried, tail wiring a HUGE mess, no license light, exhaust header bolts missing/wrong type, ALL exhaust gaskets missing or bad, CAL emmissions removed but not plugged off, tail plastic brackets missing, ect minor stuff.

I'm about a week from being complete, just wanted some info to see if I wanted to change the triples.

Calkidd
February 10th, 2007, 09:49 AM
We would love to see some progress pics of your bike....