PDA

View Full Version : Heli Bars

Blue_Max
December 27th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Heli Bars claim to provide a more comfortable riding position.
http://www.helibars.com
Has anyone fitted these replacement handlebars on their Blades?

Matt-954
December 27th, 2004, 07:07 AM
I installed them on my 2000 CBR-929. They made the bike much more comfortable and were worth it on the 929.

I now ride a 2002 CBR-954. The 954 is much more comfortable than the 929 and I don't feel any need for them on it.

gaililee
December 27th, 2004, 10:28 AM
I installed a set of Heli Bars on my 1993 cbr900rr, it made a world of difference! I can ride for alot longer with no muscle spasms.

Mr_Head
January 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I've put about 87,000 miles on a set of Heli-Bars that came on my 1997. I'm used to the feel of them. Although, I figure to change them out to stock clip-ons since dedicating the bike to track only duties.

Steelshot
June 14th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah, they're pretty good. They're low enough to retain the sporting potential of the CBR, yet allow you to rotate back just enough to ease some pressure on the hands and wrists. I also prefer the angle of their bars to the stockers. Just came back from a trip around Nevada and Idaho (2770 miles). Rode from Elko, NV to Lancaster, CA in one trip.

Another related issue is that the Heli-Bars still look good after several years of being out in the wind. They have an exceptionally durable finish.

Blademan
June 15th, 2005, 03:44 AM
I also prefer the angle of their bars to the stockers. Another related issue is that the Heli-Bars still look good after several years of being out in the wind. They have an exceptionally durable finish.

Are they more flat to the bike or what. I have thought about getting a set.

Steelshot
June 16th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Yes, the stock clip-ons on my '93 angled back. My wrists got sore after an hour or two in the saddle. Not so bad when your working the twisties, but agony on long drones. The Heli-Bars have a flatter angle, more like holding onto a straight bar ====.