PDA

View Full Version : '06 F4i, researching, questions

Manic
November 27th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I've been looking for an F4i for my wife, and I think I might have found an '06 F4i that is in my price range. What specific things I should ask, before I drive 7 hours to look at it. Then if I go, things I should look for?

Thanks

giallo sv
December 2nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
I've been looking for an F4i for my wife, and I think I might have found an '06 F4i that is in my price range. What specific things I should ask, before I drive 7 hours to look at it. Then if I go, things I should look for?

Thanks

just pay attention to the normal things...chain&sprockets,head bearings,rear shock. Chances are if its an 06, everything will be kosher.My suggestion is to find a bone stock one.f4i's are awesome bikes though..my friend just rolled over to 112,000 miles on his 2004 f4i

Blademan
December 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
I'd say to look at the rear shock and under the rear section to see if you see any bits of rubber. Just to see if the owner did burn outs and such. Excessive rubber probably means they beat on it pretty good. Check the swing arm by the chain, if there is about 2 feet of dirt and grime then it may not have been that well taken care of. Check the clutch to see how much let out there is to see if they burned the clutch. Check to make sure all the plastic lines up as it may be replacements

Manic
December 3rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
I expect there to be lots of rubber on the underside. Some kid bought it and then Honda repo-ed (sp?) it. He painted the bike to try and hide it. It only has 2,300 miles on it. With that engine being as around as long as it has, I'm not to worried about the break it period. More than likely, we'll only keep it for a year and then she'll be tired of not being able to keep up with me on the track, and I'll have to upgrade her to an RR.:pound Yea, I'm hoping to get us some track days next year. What is it they say, "Family's that play together, stay together"?

giallo sv
December 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
I expect there to be lots of rubber on the underside. Some kid bought it and then Honda repo-ed (sp?) it. He painted the bike to try and hide it. It only has 2,300 miles on it. With that engine being as around as long as it has, I'm not to worried about the break it period. More than likely, we'll only keep it for a year and then she'll be tired of not being able to keep up with me on the track, and I'll have to upgrade her to an RR.:pound Yea, I'm hoping to get us some track days next year. What is it they say, "Family's that play together, stay together"?

i would stay away if i were you.

Manic
December 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Ended up getting her a Yamaha. I didn't want to drive 8 hours for a bike (06 CBR) that I didn't fully trust, nor want to do extensive work on.

I'm guessing she'll keep it until June, sell it and then be back on another CBR.

jawhn
December 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
:ttiwwp:

(substitute "post" for "thread") - I need to edit that animated GIF to say POST... Hm...

Which model, Manically vague guy??? :D

Manic
December 13th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Sorry Jawhn, I'm not a morning person this week. Between our daughter waking up in the middle of the night, and my wife due next week w/ our second, I'm not getting any sleep.

It's an '03 YZF600R (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270193969776&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MOTORS:1123), she used to have an '02 (bought for 3.5k, sold in July for 3.8k after I put 4k miles on it). We're going to hold onto it until spring and they sell it (low end NADA is 3.2k, high end is mid 4's). She enjoys doing it, so why not? I always get to ride a different bike every few months. Has an undertail, and a full V&H SS system on it. Tire's won't need replacing. I just need to get the valves checked out, and it should be ready to flip.

Ahahahaha, yes, I'm vague sometimes. The wife tells me all the time. I like to think of it as building the climax. That came out wrong. Wait.... My mind is in the gutter today.