PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Tow Truck....

Brent
January 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
No I am not kidding...

http://www.emergencyequipmentnews.net/2008/01/29/tow-vehicles-from/

bikerdave
January 30th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Holy Crap, Brent, What A Neat Idea!

Beats The Crap Out Of The Damage Done By The Usual Tow!:reallyscared

speedextreme
January 30th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I have seen that before, it is a way cool concept!!! And I think they have like 5 of them in work right now over in Europe!!! I don't think it would work well here though, with the US having some of the largest vehicles on the planet!!!

VSB_Fast
January 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
wow, crazy idea. Why would someone think of using a motorcycle to tow a small car as being a practical invention?? Why not rig up a small car with a tow rig instead?... perhaps something actually useful like a tow rig that is MADE to haul ONLY motorcycles. How many stories have we all heard of how tow truck drivers thrashed on someones nice motorcycle by hauling it wrong or loading it wrong?

How about a tow company that has dedicated bike haulers.. specifically for hauling mc's. Why do they gotta bring a huge 25ft long 4ft high flat bed truck to haul one small motorcycle?

900RR Puzzle
January 31st, 2008, 06:22 PM
I always knew that the Goldwings were the trucks (or SUVs) of the motorcycle world. I don't think that I would try to tow a car with one, though. It looks like a death trap.

Blademan
January 31st, 2008, 08:05 PM
I remember seeing something like this a few years ago and they had a red goldwing. Dunno what show it was but damn cool idea

Brent
February 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
Well they must have brakes on the skid portion - and if setup right I would think it would actually work very well...