PDA

View Full Version : Super Streetbike needs our help!

Big Kahuna
May 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I got an email from Dave Sonsky, editor for Super Streetbike magazine. They are looking for info from us who own 93-99 CBR900RR models. Send David the info he's requesting and maybe you'll be included in the forthcoming article.

Hey guys-

We're looking to get some CBR900RR (‘93-’98) owners in the mag and let you tell your (brief) story.

Basically we're doing a monthy review of a specific make/model, and this time around it's the CBR900RR.

We'd like to know how you ride, where, or any particular story you think is worth reading. If you don't have much to say, just fill in the chart and leave it at that! Then send us a decent pic of you and your bike—at the strip, trackday, street, cruising with the lady, sitting on it at a gas station...whatever.

fill this in along with anything else you'd like to say, and send it and a pic or two to:

david.sonsky@sourceinterlink.com

Year:
Name:
Mods:
best upgrade:
favorite aspect of bike:

thx guys

Dave Sonsky
Editor
Super Streetbike
www.superstreetbike.com

Brent
May 5th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I would hope they get alot of feedback from us here......

Sadly I do not have one... :(

Big Kahuna
May 6th, 2008, 07:23 AM
So, sound off... Who has sent David info?

bikerdave
May 6th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Just did

SSB mag
May 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hey guys-

thanks for taking a look.

and a correction for Big Kahuna....not "maybe" but "will be" included!
I've only got one reply though so far, so c'mon guys and send 'em in.

thanks

Dave Sonsky
Editor in Chief
Super Streetbike
www.superstreetbike.com

Justin989RR
May 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I did it. Common guys send him an email, that way he knows the RRZone rocks!:V

Roller'sRR
May 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I just sent him an email, now I am part of the "cool" crowd!!!

SSB mag
May 6th, 2008, 04:11 PM
hey guys don't forget I need pics along with your info!

thx

Bo
May 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
i would love to but mine is down for a face lift and I know you don't want pics of a nude toredown bike;DOH

jawhn
May 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Bo, surely you have pics from when it was pretty? They don't have to be super-new pics or anything...

I'll write something when I get home. I have tons of pics. And a great story of how I actually got the bike... :D

Bo
May 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Bo, surely you have pics from when it was pretty? They don't have to be super-new pics or anything...

I'll write something when I get home. I have tons of pics. And a great story of how I actually got the bike... :D

:pound unless they want the story of a beast that is being made beautiful again and how ones love for a blade is so strong that one is willing to spend more than the bike is prolly worth to beautify her then I can't contribute to this :(

Roller'sRR
May 6th, 2008, 08:28 PM
This is a picture I took last night for the magazine, check out what the shirt says, I laugh every time I read it!

Big Kahuna
May 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hey Dave, good to see you found us! :)

I've got my info ready, just need to take a pic. Is there a deadline that we need to know about. :)

jawhn
May 6th, 2008, 09:58 PM
(cursing, muttering to self) No ISP tonight again. Had to drive down the street to find this wireless network on a laptop... Hopefully tomorrow? What is the deadline? I wanna be a part of this... Had I planned better, I'd have written this before I drove/laptopped. Ugh.

Mad Hatter
May 7th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Sent him some pics and info today.

bluefire7321
May 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM
i just sent some info and pics

ChiltonsCBR900
May 7th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I figured my wife has a better shot at getting in the mag than me....so I sent the pictures of her on the bike. Now if only the had a calendar or article about fat guys on sport bikes. I could do that one.

SSB mag
May 7th, 2008, 02:48 PM
hey guys-

thanks for the replies. deadline is about a week out—so by early next week would be ideal.

one other thing; camera phone and other low resolution pics don't really work for print because they come out so small...

or, to put it another way—the better quality the pic you send, the larger it'll appear!!!

thx

-ds

lunitk
May 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM
What about people who's RR's are in pieces but have other rides? :D I have a zx-10 I would love to see in the magazine.

Big Kahuna
May 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Here's what I sent Dave:

Picture:

Year: 1998 CBR900RR

Name: William R. Shockley

Miles done: 67,218

Mods: Pazzo Racing billet clutch and brake levers, Penske rear shock, CTSMoto custom cut rear rotor, Micron carbon fiber oval muffler, Galfer steel braided lines, Driven 520 (-1/+2) chain conversion, Vortex Racing billet aluminum gas cap, Black Robotics YellowBox speedo calibrator, Sargent CarbonFX front seat and matching "V-Cut" rear cover, Pyramid Plastics dark smoked windscreen, Mototeck yellow tachometer face, Geelong Carbon Craft carbon fibre tank pad, Oberon Engineering anodized billet bar ends, pegs, brake reservoirs and oil filler cap, Clear Alternatives clear LED tail light, Lockhart smoke flush mount IV signals, Tripage LED pegs and Knight Rider KITT third eye light, Ventura bike luggage system.

best upgrade: That’s tough to say.. I love to customize the look of the bike, you know to make it my own. The Penske rear shock really made a big difference by adding more adjustability and sprung better for my weight. The Pazzo adjustable levers really make a difference in my riding, allowing on the fly adjustments for my changing riding attitude. I’d have to say the best bang for the buck is the Driven 520 conversion, dropping one tooth up front and added two to the rear. This mod really wakes up the bike, making it a daemon in the canyons.

favorite aspect of bike: This thing is just fun to ride. Enough power to get you there fast, but not wicked enough to get you in trouble. The thing is bullet proof, only a few charging issues in the past decade of ownership. I use this bike for single and two up rides all the time. Cornering is smooth and always predictable. Even after acquiring two newer bikes, I keep this baby in the garage for those times when I want to really enjoy the ride and not have to worry about getting myself in too much trouble. This thing fits me like a glove and I can’t see any reason to get rid of this bike. I’m sure it will remain in my stable until I reach an age that I can no longer ride… whenever that might be. :)

Big Kahuna
May 7th, 2008, 03:35 PM
hey guys-

thanks for the replies. deadline is about a week out—so by early next week would be ideal.

one other thing; camera phone and other low resolution pics don't really work for print because they come out so small...

or, to put it another way—the better quality the pic you send, the larger it'll appear!!!

thx

-dsThanks again Dave, I also sent this to the guys on the CBR900RR mailing list. I've been a member of that list for almost a decade now and it's still going. :)

jawhn
May 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM
You're seriously going to use a pic of you holding a helmet with a squidly yellow mohawk on it to be immortalized in print??? :EG

This is yourself from the future speaking... "Bill, don't do it! This is like parachute pants and mullets. Take the mohawk off and re-shoot!!!"

:EG

Justin989RR
May 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Will everyone who sends in pics make in the cover or will only the good pics make it?:CONF

Big Kahuna
May 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM
You're seriously going to use a pic of you holding a helmet with a squidly yellow mohawk on it to be immortalized in print??? :EG

This is yourself from the future speaking... "Bill, don't do it! This is like parachute pants and mullets. Take the mohawk off and re-shoot!!!"

:EGhuh?

7350 7351 7352

cyclic
May 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I sent some of the SV900RR, we will see if any of us make it.

lunitk
May 8th, 2008, 05:59 PM

:EG

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hilarious!! Mohawks are ghey though BK...

J/K

Justin989RR
May 8th, 2008, 06:03 PM
huh?

7350 7351 7352

Forget the mohawks, what about the hyosung!!??!!:reallyscared

SSB mag
May 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Will everyone who sends in pics make in the cover or will only the good pics make it?:CONF

anybody who sends in a pic and info will make it,

but...

not if the pics are super crappy low-resolution camera phone jobs. we can't use those simply because they won't print.

try to get a pic with a real camera and you're in!

thx

ChiltonsCBR900
May 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Is this going to be the June 2008 Issue?

SSB mag
May 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Is this going to be the June 2008 Issue?

it'll be July, on sale 6/24.

Roller'sRR
May 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Do we get to preview the article here on the RR Zone? Please?

jawhn
May 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Just wrote a rough draft, and sent some pics I had to Dave. Sorry for the delay, but...

Jaime and Amanda just volunteered to pose in sexy outfits for a pic with my bike. :V

And Dave, I am a Graphic Designer by profession... And have a photo minor college background. Maybe a larger pic from a real Dig SLR if I can talk my friend Kirk from motoshooter.com into taking it... :CY

Kirk says he's in. So a professional high-res photo with proper lighting to boot! :V :V :V (If you can wait another night? I hope!!!) We're thinking of shooting a night shot near the Phoenix Zoo with a nice cactus backdrop... And infamous Arizona sunset!

jawhn
May 12th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Dave, I took the liberty of adding an avatar for ya here, hope you don't mind. :D

(If you have a newer issue, please send me a .jpg, and/or update it on here, and we'll make sure a newer pic is used)

Also just subscribed. Not to kiss ass, but I wanted to make sure I received a copy... :EG :V

66droptop
May 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Jawhn convinced me. Hopefully I'm not too late and recently sold 900RRs still count. Sent Dave an email.

SSB mag
May 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM
hey guys thx for the great response.
to this point everyone that's submitted is included.
with that being said we're pretty much all set on contributions.
as we get closer to a release date i'll post up.
thx again!

-ds

jawhn
May 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sweet.

Hey Dave, my photo shoot keeps getting pushed back. I sent you some older photos, but is there any possibility of switching my placeholder photo(s) out when I get the really nice ones, or don't bother? I am trying to set up a professional photo shoot with 2 gorgeous girls, but schedules keep conflicting...

Thanks either way, but I'd like to know if swapping a photo out is a possibility, and what the deadline is for that?

SSB mag
May 15th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Sweet.

Hey Dave, my photo shoot keeps getting pushed back. I sent you some older photos, but is there any possibility of switching my placeholder photo(s) out when I get the really nice ones, or don't bother? I am trying to set up a professional photo shoot with 2 gorgeous girls, but schedules keep conflicting...

Thanks either way, but I'd like to know if swapping a photo out is a possibility, and what the deadline is for that?

it's possible, but would need it early next week.
your call either way!

TAT2D
May 16th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Got mine in. Got a reply from Dave saying he would use it:V Here's one of the pics I submitted

jawhn
May 16th, 2008, 11:52 PM
HELL YEAH, plaid bikini top...

</drool>

bluefire7321
May 17th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I cant wait to see the article:D.

Big Kahuna
June 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM
as we get closer to a release date i'll post up.
thx again!

-dsHey Dave, we're getting a little closer. Is there any sneaky peaky kinda thing you can show us? :)

stynk monkey
June 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Dammit why didn't I see this sooner!

Justin989RR
June 17th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Dont worry they didnt do it they did the 600RR instead.

Big Kahuna
June 18th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Dont worry they didnt do it they did the 600RR instead.:confused:

Justin989RR
June 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Thats what was featured in this months mag. Maybe next month they will do the 900RR??!

stynk monkey
June 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Yeah we'll see it next week

Justin989RR
June 18th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

jawhn
June 18th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Lol. I thought Justin was just trying to fuck with people. :EG

Justin989RR
June 19th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Blame the white guy! LMAO!! Nope if I wanted to mess with you guys I would have said just my bike was going to be in it. But really I went to the store after I figured out after this thread was posted and waited for a new SSB mag and when it came out all it had featured was the new R6 and the 600RR. So I figured it was just a popularity contest and figured screw the 900RR. I really hope some of you guys bikes make it into the mag cause that would be awsome!:V

jawhn
June 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
He said anyone with a photo at proper resolution was in. I imagine they didn't get quite the response they anticipated?

Yeah, the 24th can't come soon enough!!! :V

As long as they print Rob's, I'm happy. Rob's writing style needs to be published.

Hey BK... Isn't Dave Sonsky the guy that used to stunt for some big group in CA and then went to England for a while and wrote/tested for Superbike mag? Or am I thinking of the wrong Dave?

Actually, Lol... I guess I can just ask you that, huh, Dave? Starboyz - I think was the stunting group...

lunitk
June 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
He said anyone with a photo at proper resolution was in. I imagine they didn't get quite the response they anticipated?

Yeah, the 24th can't come soon enough!!! :V

As long as they print Rob's, I'm happy. Rob's writing style needs to be published.

Hey BK... Isn't Dave Sonsky the guy that used to stunt for some big group in CA and then went to England for a while and wrote/tested for Superbike mag? Or am I thinking of the wrong Dave?

Actually, Lol... I guess I can just ask you that, huh, Dave? Starboyz - I think was the stunting group...

Yep, starboyz it is. But they are out of the Cleveland OH area not CA.

TAT2D
June 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Went to get the new issue............Nuthin!;DOH I thought this was a for sure deal. Dave even took the time to e-mail me and tell me mine was in for sure.
I'm kinda bummed.

stynk monkey
June 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Supposed to hit stands tomorrow.

TAT2D
June 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
No, I mean I saw the July issue, and there was no article:CONF

stynk monkey
June 23rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Oh :CONF that does suck. WTF?

jawhn
June 23rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I got it the other day and didn't see anything about CBR900RRs...?

Dave? Answers? BK? Did we get duped by someone pretending to be Dave Sonsky or something?

66droptop
June 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I got it the other day and didn't see anything about CBR900RRs...?

Dave? Answers? BK? Did we get duped by someone pretending to be Dave Sonsky or something?
I spent at least twenty minutes of my life writing that email. And a few more proofreading Jawhn's. That's a half hour I could have spent napping. Or watching the tv. I think I did this at night, so that's like a half hour of friends-with-benefits I wasn't partaking in, which means maybe I skipped the whole thing that night. And that just doesn't sit well with me! Let's do something!! I'm going to print my OWN pictures and story and stick them in every copy of whatever-this-magazine-is that is at Barnes & Noble/Borders/Whatever the store is with those things with paper and words.

YOU CAN'T HOLD ME DOWN, MAGAZINE! YOU GOT NOTHING! I'M KING KONG UP IN THIS BITCH! I RUN THINGS!

AND I'M GOING TO DRAW MUSTACHES ON ALL THE PICTURES OF PEOPLE!!

jawhn
June 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM
... YOU CAN'T HOLD ME DOWN, MAGAZINE! YOU GOT NOTHING! I'M KING KONG UP IN THIS BITCH! I RUN THINGS!

AND I'M GOING TO DRAW MUSTACHES ON ALL THE PICTURES OF PEOPLE!!

66droptop
June 24th, 2008, 04:11 PM
My only meds are aspirin, for the ankle I blew up 11 days ago when I mislanded after jumping off some stairs. There's no medication to combat awesomeness.

Roller'sRR
June 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
So......... no magazine then or what? Anyone?

66droptop
June 24th, 2008, 05:14 PM
So......... no magazine then or what? Anyone?
"We got hosed, Tommy. We got hosed."

YouTube - Mountain Dew Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSU_W30kMm4)

I'd just guess that our oldass bikes weren't that big of a hit and they lacked room or some sort of packaging issue. Nothing personal. Whatever it was, it just didn't work out with what they had for this month. Maybe next month, or some time in the future. Or never at all. *Shrug* No biggie.

66droptop
June 24th, 2008, 05:16 PM
A LINK TO YOUTUBE AUTOMATICALLY EMBEDS AN IMAGE, BUT WE CAN'T USE IMAGE TAGS?! Seriously?

;DOH;DOH;DOH;DOH

66droptop
June 24th, 2008, 05:17 PM
And nice mustache on Jessica, Jawhn. Subtle touch.

"Who wants a mustache ride?"

Ghusar
June 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Fuck how did I miss this thread

jawhn
June 24th, 2008, 10:08 PM
And nice mustache on Jessica, Jawhn. Subtle touch.

"Who wants a mustache ride?"

ROFL. You saw that quick. ;)

... AND I'M GOING TO DRAW MUSTACHES ON ALL THE PICTURES OF PEOPLE!!

I'll put the original back in a day or two... :EG

Ghusar
June 24th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Get a room you 2

Justin989RR
June 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah we did get hosed! Good thing I dont buy that mag:EG

Big Kahuna
June 27th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Okay, I got the word from Dave. The article will be in the next month's issue which has already been sent to press. :)

stynk monkey
June 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Is he gonna say that next month too, and the month after that?

Justin989RR
June 27th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Is he gonna say that next month too, and the month after that?

Its possible! :Laughs

Big Kahuna
June 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Sheesh guys, play nice! mondohugs

Things happen, from what it sounds like Dave sent it to print. There is no reason for me to doubt his words.

Ghusar
July 4th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Nice schmice

VSB_Fast
July 6th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I just saw BigKahuna's thing says he is in Oakhurst, CA.... lucky dog:mc

Lots and lots of twisties around there with plenty of elevation change. Cool weather too.

Big Kahuna
July 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I just saw BigKahuna's thing says he is in Oakhurst, CA.... lucky dog:mc

Lots and lots of twisties around there with plenty of elevation change. Cool weather too.Yup, great riding from the second I leave my driveway. :)

Where are you from bro?

Justin989RR
July 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
OK. so I'm assuming that it will be in this upcoming issue of SSB? Which should be out on the 26th?? Does anybody know?:confused:

jawhn
July 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM
OK. so I'm assuming that it will be in this upcoming issue of SSB? Which should be out on the 26th?? Does anybody know?:confused:

August issue, Dave promised. Said "It was on the press" to BK... :z

icreepin
July 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Funny thing about sport bikes and mods. Now tell me if I am off base. While you have some people who purchase brand new bikes (current year) and then spend X$$$ to completely redo the bike. More often then not its people like us who have older bikes then turn them into what we want them to be. Cheaper over all and most of the time just as fast if not faster.

I for one would love to see a mag who focused on some of the older bikes and provided a how to of the month.

Ghusar
July 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I got a how 2

a can of gas and a fucking match

get the ins check

bang new bike !!!

Justin989RR
July 10th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I got a how 2

a can of gas and a fucking match

get the ins check

bang new bike !!!

Shhhhh tell anyone my idea!:idea:flame

icreepin
July 10th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Shhhhh tell anyone my idea!:idea:flame

LOL yeah true, hmm, any one got a match?

Justin989RR
July 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM

Thats why I put the date that I did Jawhn cause I think they always come out a litle early. So I figured it would be out about the same time. I dunno??;DOH

jawhn
July 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :V

Got my August issue today. I'm on the opening spread of the article!!! :EG

Big Kahuna
July 16th, 2008, 09:45 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :V

Got my August issue today. I'm on the opening spread of the article!!! :EGCan you scan the article for us?

I subscribed almost two months ago and still haven't received anything.

Did I make it in there?

jawhn
July 16th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Ok. Starts on page 80. Included in story we have: (In order of appearance and as named)

Vernon Phillips
Jawhn Kopke (Me)
Rob Kilcoyne
Bobby Moore
Mike Herring
James Posey
Christopher Brenner
William R. Shockley (Big Kahuna)
Anthony Chilton
Carlos Lopez (Bummer that the accident happened right after this :()
Jeff Cain
Jorge (Hey. Why did they let Jorge only have one name???)
Mike Chandler
Justin Desantis
Jim Fehrenbaugh
Delton Mims
Brad Roller (RollersRR)

Too cool. Some of our 15 minutes of fame, gentlemen! :V

(Is everyone I listed on this site? Sound off if your name is on this list, you don't have to give up who you are if you don't want to...)

jawhn
July 16th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Can you scan the article for us?

I subscribed almost two months ago and still haven't received anything.

Did I make it in there?

Yessir. You're on page 85.

I'll scan it right now. :D

Big Kahuna
July 16th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Yessir. You're on page 85.

I'll scan it right now. :DWell?

Justin989RR
July 16th, 2008, 10:07 PM
:( I didnt make it??:(

jawhn
July 16th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Well?

Rome was not scanned in a day! :rolleyes:

Had to re-hook up the scanner, flip a few pages, blah, blah, blah. You impatient twit. :EG Sorry you had to wait 23 whole minutes. ;DOH

Here y'all go... Until you get physical copies. :V

Big Kahuna
July 16th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Very cool. I knew I should have check the PO Box on the way home. :)

Thanks jawhn!!!

jawhn
July 16th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Nooooooo problem. I scanned it at 144dpi, but RRZone scaled it down so it's hard to read. :( I'll upload .zip files in a few minutes for higher-res...

Here we go... :V

Justin: Did you actually submit something and they didn't include it??? I thought Dave said anyone that sent in a decent pic was in... :z

Big Kahuna
July 16th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Nooooooo problem. I scanned it at 144dpi, but RRZone scaled it down so it's hard to read. :( I'll upload .zip files in a few minutes for higher-res...Sweet!

Big Kahuna
July 16th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I need the zips! Show me the zips...

jawhn
July 16th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I need the zips! Show me the zips...

Um... Whistling, looking at ceiling...

Re-read my last post. :rolleyes: I had them up really quick. 7 min after posting that they were coming. You're in some kind of speed frenzy this evening!!!

Big Kahuna
July 16th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Oh I see, you stuck them in your original post. You're a sneaky bastard!

Thanks again jawhn!!!

66droptop
July 17th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Ha. My section is biggest.

bluefire7321
July 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM
wow that is awsome:V brings back great memories of my first baby *tear*

TAT2D
July 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the sneak peek!:D I can't wait 'till it hits the stores.
Pretty awesome, that they dedicated 5 pages to the 900 RR.
Nice bikes, everyone!

Oh yeah, I'm Bobby Moore. Yes, I know the leathers are loud. I'm currently shopping for an all black set.

B

bluefire7321
July 17th, 2008, 04:36 PM
when does the magazine hit stores:CONF

900RR Puzzle
July 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Wow.

Congrats guys, thats pretty cool.

I was too lazy to put something together.

stynk monkey
July 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Cool, Congrats to you guys that got in. I wish I had found the thread a bit sooner.

Mad Hatter
July 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Nice bikes, everyone!

Oh yeah, I'm Bobby Moore. Yes, I know the leathers are loud. I'm currently shopping for an all black set.

B

I flew in to NJ for the weekend and dropped by the Barnes and Nole and picked up two copies. One to read and one to put away.

jawhn
July 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM
... Yes, I know the leathers are loud. I'm currently shopping for an all black set. ...

There's leathers in that photo? Really? Wher... Oh, wait, now I see them.

Hard to see anything except the plaid hottie. :EG

At least they match the bike... Nothing wrong with that!

ZRX1
July 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM
+1 as Puzzle said,

"Congrats guys, thats pretty cool."

Nice article for sure :dblthumb2:

After posting on the board it's cool to see who one is posting to.

Congrats again to all that made it in the mag.....:applause:

:cheers

ChiltonsCBR900
July 21st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Nice bikes, everyone!

B

Well Bobby certainly made the rest of us look stupid. Why didn't I go out and hire a model to pose with me? :CONF

jawhn
July 21st, 2008, 11:34 AM
Well Bobby certainly made the rest of us look stupid. Why didn't I go out and hire a model to pose with me? :CONF

The three responses that immediately came to mind:

I *tried* to get a girl squad surrounding me, and it fell through. Flaky wimmen.
What about the girl you used to have in your avatar pic?
Because we're all so hardcore we wanted just us with the bike... :rolleyes: :D

TAT2D
July 21st, 2008, 08:10 PM

:Laughs

Actually we were on a ride north, and stopped in at a place called bikini coffee company. It didn't take much talking to get her sitting on the back for pics. As a matter of fact the next time through, I got pics of one of the other girls with the bike who was on the show "Big Brother".

My wife has referred to the pic as "Bobby and Random Tramp" since we saw the sneak peek here. I told her next time we'll send one of her and I on the bike so it will be "Bobby and the Everyday Tramp";DOH

B

Justin989RR
July 21st, 2008, 08:15 PM

Actually we were on a ride north, and stopped in at a place called bikini coffee company. It didn't take much talking to get her sitting on the back for pics. As a matter of fact the next time through, I got pics of one of the other girls with the bike who was on the show "Big Brother".

My wife has referred to the pic as "Bobby and Random Tramp" since we saw the sneak peek here. I told her next time we'll send one of her and I on the bike so it will be "Bobby and the Everyday Tramp";DOH

B

Wow that could get nasty if she saw you typing that!!!:Laughs

jawhn
July 21st, 2008, 11:34 PM
... "Bobby and the Everyday Tramp";DOH

ROFLMFAO!!! :Laughs :Laughs :Laughs Pure evil.

TAT2D
July 22nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
ROFLMFAO!!! :Laughs :Laughs :Laughs Pure evil.

That's what they tell me:EG

Did anyone else notice the print under the 93-94? It says it had upside down forks:confused: I have boots on mine, but I'm pretty sure they are the old school fork setup. Guess I need to double check

jawhn
July 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
That's what they tell me:EG

Did anyone else notice the print under the 93-94? It says it had upside down forks:confused: I have boots on mine, but I'm pretty sure they are the old school fork setup. Guess I need to double check

Yeah, I saw that. Felt bad for whoever wrote that story, they didn't do all their homework. :rolleyes: None of the 900RRs came stock with USD forks. :( That began with the 929.

ChiltonsCBR900
July 23rd, 2008, 06:41 AM

B

Not only does Bobby have brains (sending in his pic with random hottie) he has balls as well. Had I sent in a pic with a tramp on the back that was not my wife you guys would be doing a farewell ride at my funeral! You're the man!

Roller'sRR
July 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I am very impressed with the magazine. Thank you Dave! This is the 2nd sportbike I have owned, and it is the 2nd magazine that I have gotten my bike in!! 2 for 2 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jawhn
July 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
I am very impressed with the magazine. Thank you Dave! This is the 2nd sportbike I have owned, and it is the 2nd magazine that I have gotten my bike in!! 2 for 2 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scan the other article in and post it up! :V Or maybe we should make a "15 minutes of fame" thread. :CY

Roller'sRR
July 23rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Scan the other article in and post it up! :V Or maybe we should make a "15 minutes of fame" thread. :CY

here ya go..................

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/122_0612_1996_yamaha_yzf600/index.html

smashitup73
July 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I have sent mine. This s*ht is cool. I just wish I have bought my bike earlier.:EG

icreepin
July 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
i bought the mag and read it. seems a con-grats is in order looks like they posted every pic that was sent I am guessing. for me it was kewl cause i could see what was done to peeps bikes then see if it fits in my budget. LOL. I will say one thing i think they used RRzone to fill some space which is fine with me.

VSB_Fast
August 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM
So who all got in SuperStreetbike?

I don't know what the girl in plaid looks like but man the one in SSB avatar is smokin' :CY

SSB do stunt articles, pics in their magazine? I got a friend who is an awesome stunter.. well friend of a friend. He's a very cool guy too.

jawhn
August 2nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
So who all got in SuperStreetbike? ...

Check out my post #84. ;) And also 88 and 90, I scanned it. :V

Blademan
August 12th, 2008, 05:20 AM
So who all got in SuperStreetbike?

I don't know what the girl in plaid looks like but man the one in SSB avatar is smokin' :CY

SSB do stunt articles, pics in their magazine? I got a friend who is an awesome stunter.. well friend of a friend. He's a very cool guy too.

Is there a link that I missed ???