PDA

View Full Version : Vision Superbikes update

VSB_Fast
May 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Well as some of you know I operate a small composites business making sportbike bodywork - mostly carbon fiber.

I started out with just one parts mold about a year ago, it was for CBR F4 heel guards. Well now I am up to 16 molds for various bikes. I made a decision a few months ago to only do Honda and Yamaha sportbikes; although I want to do a set of molds for the 1098 Duc. Such a sexy bike.

One week ago I finished the first all carbon fiber solo seat cowl for the CBR600RR. I took it into a dealership to test fit it and ended up chatting it up about other parts for a couple guys that work at the dealership.

The second half of this year I plan on moving into a larger work space or shop. I will be set up with an air conditioned paint booth and top notch automotive refinishing equipment. This will allow me to add paint graphics on top of the carbon fiber bodywork and more importantly to professionally clear coat all the parts with urethane clear. In addition to the paint booth I will have more space to work on multiple jobs at the same time.

I have had a couple people ask about 98-99 900RR c/f bodywork. I really want to make a complete set ( minus the oem style tail ) of molds. Once people see the new style 900rr upper and MV tail maybe people will want those instead of the oem replica bodywork, at least that is my hope. Also the side fairings will be one piece for each side of the bike instead of a mid and a lower. This takes a lot of work and money so if anyone is interested in a set or a tail fairing hit me up.

An important aspect of any business nowadays is to have a good website. I'm working on getting a new home PC that can handle all the software I need to acomplish just that. VisionSuperbikes.com should be online in a few months. I also have designed a new logo that I feel is off the hook cool. I'm also in search of someone to make decals and T shirts. I have many more ideas for the business as it continues to grow.

For May, June, July, & August I am offering 15% off all parts orders over $100.