PDA

View Full Version : superbike in qatar!!

no-mercy racing
February 21st, 2005, 12:57 PM
hmm i just thought somebody needs to post here in this thread once in a while :p..nobody interested in racing????? :(
im looking forward already for the first superbike race this season in qatar this saturday (february 26th)!its the first time i think that there is a motorcycle race there,since the track is only about 1 year old.the formula1 guys where there last year and it looks like a cool track!so dont miss this special and first suberbike race!!!!!!!!!!!!!i hope chris vermeulen kicks some ducati ass with his cbr1000rr there! :D

Big Kahuna
February 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Yup. can't wait. I hear that the riders really hate the track at Qatar. We'll have to see how it goes.

Looks like Ducati isn't going to take the constructor's championship this year. A lot of Kawasaki's, Yamaha's and Honda's in 2005. I think Honda has a great chance to take the championship with such rider's as Bostrom, Chili, Muggeridge and of course Vermeulen, who came very close to wining the championship last year.

no-mercy racing
February 22nd, 2005, 12:21 AM
yeah but you know...yamaha and kawasaki never really could keep up with the hondas or ducatis!!and you know we have to say..even if it is sad..that ducati is very strong and they are the guys to beat!!and they will be beaten this year from honda i hope..and finally honda would win a superbike championship again!!are you guys actually watching motogp here??and do you just know colin edwards and nicky hayden??the best motogp riders are rossi and gibernau for sure if you ask me!hey BK do you know what time the race starts??and on what channel??its my first time watching a race here in the US,so i dont know what channel it will be on and what time etc..speed channel???let me know
fabian

Big Kahuna
February 22nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Well, unfortunately the races are only on SpeedTV and they aren't showing them until Tuesday March 1st.

http://speedtv.com/schedule/index.php?m=03&d=1&ts=1109653200&timezone=0&subcat=&program=&usecal=yes

I guess they would rather show such programming as "World Cup Luge", "International Bobsledding", "WSA Snocross" and "Speedway Grand Prix" rather than same day coverage of the FIM World Superbike series.

http://speedtv.com/schedule/index.php?m=02&d=27&ts=1109480400&timezone=0&subcat=&program=&usecal=yes

I guess since MotoGP has returned to the US, SpeedTV thinks that we are no longer interested in other motorcycle championships.

Last year, although I didn't have high hopes for the WSBK, it sure turned out to be a thrilling and competitive series. Now that the restrictions have been removed and the Japanese manufactures have again entered in force, this year has a great chance at being one of the best!

no-mercy racing
February 22nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
WTF that sucks really bad..cause im leaving to swiss on february 28th....and since they show it live in swiss i wont be able to watch it then...it really sucks!!i dont know what the hell they think there on speedtv...idiots!!! :mad:

Opposingrealities
February 22nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
are you guys actually watching motogp here??and do you just know colin edwards and nicky hayden??the best motogp riders are rossi and gibernau for sure if you ask me!
fabianI have watched Rossi since his first year in 500 GP and still to this day. He deserves his place in the history books without a doubt. Gibernau is an incredible rider whose only short coming is the fact he is racing against Rossi, if Rossi was not racing Gibernau would dominate. Hayden is actually a good rider, but he is over zealous and tends to push too hard. Edwards......he is a better rider than I am but I think he is out classed in the GP. This is just my opinion though :D

no-mercy racing
February 23rd, 2005, 12:54 AM
well since rossi changed to yamaha......guess what..im going for gibernau!and in the rain rossi has no chance vs gibernau..if it gets wet,gibernau wins :D .i also watched rossi since he was riding the 250ccm gp's.i think he is the best motorcycle racer EVER!!!im kind of jealous...his profession is racing and he makes around 15-20 million $$$$$$$ a year or more!2004 he was placed 4th (after michael schumacher,tiger wood's and some basketball guy)on a list for the best income from all the "sportsguy's" around the world!!....and he is getting free bmw's and bikes all the time..more than he can handle..last year he gave some bmw M3's away to his mechanic's.....would be nice to be him!!!and some italian chick's passed out when they met him...(this really happened last year!!) :eek: ..in italy he is a hero!!
about colin edward's..well i think he is a good rider..or was!!his best time was when he won the superbike championship on the honda sp1/2!now he should let the other guy's do the work..lets see what happens this season!im really looking forward to it!!!and i will be glued in front of the tv every single race!!!! :cool:

Opposingrealities
February 23rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
Rossi's move to Yamaha was more of a complement to Honda than most think. Rossi himself even said that it was too easy to win on the Honda and he found himself unchallenged. If I were Yamaha I wouldn't be happy that Rossi basically said "your bike is worse than Honda's", then again he already won 1 MotoGP for Yamaha so I guess they won't complain :D

cuervo brazil
February 24th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Hey guys, no one even mentioned Max Biaggi, former 250CC champion and 2nd with the 500, this year is the man Honda selected to develop the RCV and it has full support from HRC instead Sete Gibernau (for me at this moment a better rider than Max).
Sete was the only one in conditions to fight Valentino in the 2004 championship.
Other guy who is improving its Carlos Checa (another spanish), with the Ducati. Last year with the Yamaha it wasn´t a good year for him, but this year seams that he is going better.
Nicky Hayden is in the same team that Max (did you know they crashed at the pitlane in the tests in Jerez ??), but its Max who has all the attention of the team.
Take care !

Calkidd
February 24th, 2005, 03:15 PM
I just recently really got into watching all the races. I personally will continue to root for Hayden and Honda. I like Nicky due to his humble attitude and how down to earth he is. Unlike Yates and Maladin, those cocky bastards.

Opposingrealities
February 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Yates has no business racing or being part of the AMA. I know this is old news but you can't physically attack another rider YOU ran into :mad: The guy he hit was not a factory rider and most likely pays for most of his parts out of pocket so not only did Yates have much less to lose, he also represents Suzuki, Yosh and all the rest of his high paying sponsors. I mean Yates had a temper tantrum like a five-year-old and then attacked a guy whose whole week was just ruined.

no-mercy racing
February 25th, 2005, 02:19 AM
well i dont know about this story..but as for my experience..racers are very egoistic persons,..or most of them,especially the good ones!at least the ones i know! :rolleyes:...just look @ me ;)

chrisOH
February 28th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I hope Honda can step up in WSBK again, and make a three way battle of Duc, Suz, and Hon for the championship. Hondas best shot is Vermuelen, Bostrom I don't think will be in contention. If Yamaha can get Nori going it could be a 4 way battle.

If Biaggi can step his game to Gibernau he may make a run at Rossi. But I think Honda is stupid for backing Biaggi instead of Gibernau. Gibernau has been the one in contention the last two years and they still won't back him.
I know Biaggi made the remark that what ever happens this year is his fault, but I will believe that when I see it.

I think Nicky could be a contender if he would get the AMA method of racing out of his mind. All I hear from him in testing interviews is getting that fast lap. Lowering his times on a consistent basis seems to be down on his list. Untill he concentrates on Getting his race laptimes down he will not be in contention. His phillips island test was promissing that he was 28 seconds faster of the course of the race distance, but with rossi dropping 33 or 35 seconds that still puts Hayden over 10 seconds down on rossi again.

I would like to see Colin step up with Yamaha and Checa and Capriossi up fighting with Ducati. The more the merrier, Moto GP turn into 125cc style racing. 5-6 riders all in the lead pack throughout the race.

ROSSI is God at Play :D

chrisOH
February 28th, 2005, 12:06 PM
No-Mercy here is a re-cap of Yates incident.

Exit of 3rd gear WOT left hand kink leading into a 1st or 2nd gear 180 degree right hander.

Yates has bout 10-15 mph on the guy at exit and 5-6 bike lengths to make up in the 300-400 feet straight to the 180 right. instead of just going inside into the right he decides with about 100-150 ft left to go around the outside to keep his speed up. Problem was the racing line is moving to the outside for the right hand 180. Yates meets back marker with his front tire at about the rider seat of the back marker.

After both finish sliding and as the backmarker is climbing out from under and in Yates' bike, Yates proceeds to give the guy a Drop kick in the back into the tire barrier

Then after jumping around a bit he decided to give the guy a helmet to helmet head butt and body check.

Calkidd
February 28th, 2005, 12:18 PM
What an asshole.....

Big Kahuna
February 28th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Here's the clip:

http://rrzone.com/downloads/Motorcycle - Yates' Cheap Shot.mpg

...and the potty language rap version:

http://rrzone.com/downloads/Motorcycle - Yates' Cheap Shot Rap.wmv

Opposingrealities
February 28th, 2005, 06:32 PM
What an asshole.....Thank God I am not the only person who thinks so

chrisOH
February 28th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Here's the clip:

http://rrzone.com/downloads/Motorcycle - Yates' Cheap Shot.mpg

...and the potty language rap version:

http://rrzone.com/downloads/Motorcycle - Yates' Cheap Shot Rap.wmvThanks, couldn't find the link to the video I had of it to post.

NIHILator
April 26th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Wow, never seen that done before, what would possess you, what a baby... he got fined for that, I imagine? :eek: