PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly that '08 1kRR looks gorgeous

66droptop
October 22nd, 2008, 02:37 AM
So 2009 is the Year of The Uglified. Honda led the way with the 1kRR with it's Buelled-up pug nose. Then Yamaha released the 2009 R1 which has mixed reviews (I personally love it, but do recognize that it could be improved). And not to be outdone, Suzuki has jumped ahead and built the 2009 Gix1k which has all the smoothness and design cohesion of a failed oragami swan. Oh, and Kawasaki has been making ugly crap for a couple years now after nailing something nice with the early ZX10 and the ZX6R/636.

Check out Suzuki's ugly little pile. It's like the motorcyclical equivalent of Amy Winehouse.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25september08_suzuki2009gsxr1000.htm

jawhn
October 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Oh, come on... It's not as ugly as Amy Winehouse... :EG

It looks like a Transformer or something. With a broken nose. But still better looking than the 2008 CBR1000RR... At least IMHO.

66droptop
October 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Ew, dude. I would pay to ride the bus before I'd ride that thing. Seriously. I've never seen such a hideous sport bike. I've seen some ugly European cruiser/touring/weird-swiss-army-knife-multipurpose bikes that are almost as bad, but never seen a Japanese sport bike look as bad as that monstrosity.

If it came to a choice between riding the Gix1k or riding Amy Winehouse, I'm not sure what I'd choose. And I'd probably pick gay man-love over Amy Winehouse. So that really says a lot about this bike.

on1wheel01
October 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Dang what the hell is wrong with the designers? Pure ugly trash. Guess I wont be buyin a new bike when the ban is up. Might just stick with the 929 then. Shesh :confused:

soupythemedic
October 22nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
looks like the nose of the UFC boxer SHAMROCK :CONF:Laughs

jawhn
October 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
... If it came to a choice between riding the Gix1k or riding Amy Winehouse, I'm not sure what I'd choose. ...

Here ya go, Rob... Now you don't have to make that decision. ;)

Lurvs me some Photoshop, I do...

Justin989RR
October 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I would ride it, but not own it! Dont like the look of the cans on it! :D

-PrTsMn-
November 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I own it and personally like the fact that it is different:V

jawhn
November 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM

Welcome aboard! You might just be the first 08 1000RR rider on our board! :V

(This place is 90% 92-99 Blades, a few 929s and 954s, and a few 1000RRs...)

-PrTsMn-
November 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome aboard! You might just be the first 08 1000RR rider on our board! :V

(This place is 90% 92-99 Blades, a few 929s and 954s, and a few 1000RRs...)

Thanks for the welcome, it's nice to be first at something.;)

66droptop
November 13th, 2008, 10:00 PM
By the way...

I saw it in person at the Phoenix bike show and liked it a lot more. I still liked the R1 more, but I now have a positive perspective of the 1000RR at least.

on1wheel01
November 13th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I've seen it in person and well it's not for me.. But hey maybe it's fast?

ERION929
December 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Just can't believe what I'm reading. Love the Jap muscle bikes, and probably as loyal as I am with the Raiders. Another year to forget!

StraightJacketRacing
July 24th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I dunno personally...I agree that Kawasaki has completely lost the plot with it's new bike aesthetics (and the ZX-7R remais, in my eyes, one of the most beautiful bikes EVER - especailly in Kawasaki France Endurance Racing trim)!:)

I think the current Honda's OK. Just OK.

Liked the look of the last R1 better. The new one looks like a kid who's stuck their fingers in their mouth and pulled sideways...and then its face froze that way.

The Suzuki GSX-R looks like the 'Gladium' design team took over at some point. What's with the droopy-looking exhausts? The whole bike's ugly as fuck, but they're just appalling!

It sort of feels like we're in an 'in between' era; bike design now may be akward, but leading the way for some truly awesome things, a new zeitgeist.

However, the Italians still seem to be churning out the most lovely bikes ever. The Aprilia RSV-4 is heart-brakingly, ball-achingly, GORGEOUS!!!! (Except the exhaust. Gotta go with the Aprilia/Apropovic one...)

Maybe it's the first of the new era of bike design?

sgtskip
July 24th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Damn....
After looking at that plastic fantastic..... I really LOVE my 93 900rr. Its one thing to use plastic to make it look better... Boob Jobs for chicks, but did they watch Transformers and then copy/paste it onto a bike?

Oh well;DOH

I like bikes that guys are scared of so they sell them cheap...... like mine

Steven

cbr900racer77
July 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
First new R1 I ever seen was July 4th weekend at Nashville. We camped out on the return road and I heard this "drone" sound coming down the track. It was hauling ass so I ran to the fence to watch it saying to myself "this is one badass Vtwin"...nope, it was an R1. That was really one wierd sound coming out of that inline 4. Props to the mph it was turning.

StraightJacketRacing
July 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I don't understand why Yamaha hasn't done the R1 to more closely resemble their bitchin' MOTOGP bike. The Fiat livery and all! There was a bike magazine out about 5 or 6 months ago, that had an article and pictures about a replica that someone had built. I didn't buy the magazine, and I'm kicking myself for it! If anyone has it, I'd love to buy it from ya!

sgtskip
August 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome, it's nice to be first at something.;)

Damn Man
Im sorry PrTsMn... but an ugly man on an ugly bike matches, :CY no wonder why you like it. Were you the basis for a comic book villan. That chin looks like it could cut glass..:D

hahahahah.....:p
Steven

on1wheel01
August 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM
^^^^^^^^^ :Laughs:Laughs:Laughs:Laughs:Laughs:Laughs:Laughs:Laughs

jawhn
August 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Damn Man
Im sorry PrTsMn... but an ugly man on an ugly bike matches, :CY no wonder why you like it. Were you the basis for a comic book villan. That chin looks like it could cut glass..:D

hahahahah.....:p
Steven

If you guys aren't buddies, that was... well... erm... Out of line... :CONF

(I'm assuming you guys rib each other all the time?)