PDA

View Full Version : Style Fail?

ghbzorro
June 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
OK, so I had to get new seats or at least new seat covers for by 'Blade. Originals were all cracked to hell and has started to disintegrate. Looked around and figured the Luimotto units looked pretty good and from comments from BK and others I figured the quality would be fine.

I looked at the plain black, looked at the plain white, and then ordered what you see below. The materials and workmanship looked very good to me when they were delivered, and I thought I did a fair job of installing them.

I proudly (another mistake?) sent a picture to a friend and his reaction was "They look kinda Harley with the flames".

So my question to you guys is ... Did I make a big error in ordering the flames? Are they indeed "kinda Harley".

I will wait for the new ones to disintegrate before I get new replacements, so I guess I am stuck with the look.

a_morti
June 23rd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Sorry mate, they look awful. And, being white, will be dirty before long, so at least you will have plenty of excuse to change them.

ghbzorro
June 23rd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Sorry mate, they look awful. And, being white, will be dirty before long, so at least you will have plenty of excuse to change them.

Yeah, I am told by my daughters not to trust my sense of style.

I should have put another choice for the poll: "That's fabulous. I am going to do exactly the same to my bike!"

More votes????

mad dog
June 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
looks ok dude,but i think it would have linked in better if there were other subtle flames on the bike,dont ask me where or what sort cos i aint no art'y type, at the very least it makes the bike stand out abit more,an its your bike,your style so to be fair it should'nt really matter what the other feckers think! and its also very easally reversed!

i can see its a nice clean blade,if people dont like it well they can just fug off :pirate_yarrr:

cbr900racer77
June 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
They look okay. Not crazy bout em but don't hate em either. Definitely NOT Harley looking.

StraightJacketRacing
June 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, not my cup o' tea, either, but then, it's YOUR bike, not mine!

I kind of like the white seat on back, with the white section of the seat, but am not digging the white part up front. And the issue for me with the flames, is that they just kind of look like cheap stickers someone put on there. Maybe they look much better in person, but just aren't shoing well in the pics?

But seriously dude, it's your bike, and if your diggin' the style, THAT'S what matters!

n3cr0
June 24th, 2009, 06:19 AM
If the seats were black with red flames :V

69ranchero351c
June 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
i woulda gone with red seats with white flames if going with the same colors

jawhn
June 24th, 2009, 05:45 PM
+1 on the "Not my cup of tea," but doesn't look bad. Just kinda flashy. :z

I don't get a HD vibe from it at all.

on1wheel01
June 24th, 2009, 06:06 PM
hell i like it but yea maybe black seats with white flames

blacktalon606
June 24th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Not something I would put on my bike... but it's ok. It is a fireblade... so that is one saving grace. I would probably make fun of you if it were a Gixer.

Swift1
June 30th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Not HD looking at all and not my cup of tea either but I would probably design around the flames (maybe add more) but you would have to be very creative because you might make it worse. Your choice though :idk:

rrdude
June 30th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Maybe would look better if the flames kinda covered the whole seat.

runlevelfour
July 4th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Wow. I am sorry brother but those are without a doubt some of the ugliest things to grace a motorcycle. Personally I stay away from gimmicky styling such as flames, lightning bolts, skulls, crosses, cartoon characters, grim reapers etc. In short if its some sort of mass produced symbol that is supposed to "look cool" then I run as it really makes your bike/gear look like you bought it at walmart. When in doubt: SOLID COLORS! :dblthumb2:

Tulok
July 11th, 2009, 11:10 AM
The front seat is the part that looks worst, but when you're riding it you cover it up!
It really doesn't look that bad, the rear seat looks almost good. :D

Big Kahuna
July 13th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Who cares what everyone else thinks, who are you riding the bike for you or them? What matters most is what you think of them and nothing else. I get mixed reviews from my Repsol skins, even from Repsol riders, but I don't care. I like them. :)

So the question is, what do you think of the new skins and are you man enough to take the heat from those that might not agree. :D

ghbzorro
July 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM
So the question is, what do you think of the new skins and are you man enough to take the heat from those that might not agree. :D

I kinda like them, though I now think it would look better to most people without the flames.

Frankly, the only reason I asked was to get a thread going after a string of very few posts or new threads on The Zone. I ask for responses, but it doesn't have any impact on what I do.

Big Kahuna
July 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I kinda like them, though I now think it would look better to most people without the flames.

Frankly, the only reason I asked was to get a thread going after a string of very few posts or new threads on The Zone. I ask for responses, but it doesn't have any impact on what I do.Post whore!!! :)

jawhn
July 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Post whore!!! :)

(We can use some right about now... :rolleyes:)

Elder, huh? Hmmmm...

ghbzorro
July 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Post whore!!! :)

Naw, just a plain whore. ;)