Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: F4i digital gauges onto a 900RR!

Default Re: F4i digital gauges onto a 900RR!

can't I just help with the wiring and get one and btw I can set the miles on the f4i, 98 900rr, 929 and 954 guages just a little trick I've learned in here
    Last edited by kiai; April 28th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

Bikes:
    98 Repsol Bodywork CBR900RR, 92 Plaid CBR600F2 Trackbike

Quote Originally Posted by kiai View Post
    can't I just help with the wiring and get one and btw I can set the miles on the f4i, 98 900rr, 929 and 954 guages just a little trick I've learned in here
    I like your determination.

If you send me a S.A.S.E.* and help me figure the wiring to check mileage today, I will give you one of the non-UV protected faceplate overlays for free.

And if you're talking about blanking the odometer by disconnecting the battery, I don't want one with 0 miles... Just one with close to, preferably lower than, 30,000.

(self-addressed stamped envelope - PM me if you're unsure what that is)

Not been here that long

Quote Originally Posted by jawhn View Post
    At present, I have tried hooking the following wires up:

Solid Green from White plug to battery ground.

Red w/ Green stripe, and Black with Brown stripe from Black plug, and Green with White stripe on White plug to Positive from battery... Nothing. Nothing lights up.
    To get it to fire you need....

the Solid Green wire ground, on the white plug.

And hooked to the positive you need...

Black w/ brown stripe (black plug) - Ignition feed
    Brown w/ white stripe (black plug) - Illumination (to make sure it works)
    Red w/ grren stripe (black plug) - mainly used for clock memory, may be needed to fire gauges up.

The green with white stripe is for the side stand signal. Shouldnt need it to fire the gauges up. Disconnect hot from it. I believe its actually looking for a ground. So, for now, disconnect it. When I tested my gauges I used the above wires I listed and it tested fine.
    Last edited by Scrufdog; April 28th, 2008 at 01:41 PM.

Bikes:
    96 900RR

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufdog View Post
    To get it to fire you need....

the Solid Green wire ground, on the white plug.

And hooked to the positive you need...

Black w/ brown stripe (black plug) - Ignition feed
    Brown w/ white stripe (black plug) - Illumination (to make sure it works)
    Red w/ grren stripe (black plug) - mainly used for clock memory, may be needed to fire gauges up.

The green with white stripe is for the side stand signal. Shouldnt need it to fire the gauges up. Disconnect hot from it. I believe its actually looking for a ground. So, for now, disconnect it. When I tested my gauges I used the above wires I listed and it tested fine.
    Jawhn you goober head the wires scrufdog listed are the ones i told you where did you get that shit from
    you're makin me look dumb
    and i've done this twice
    WARNING: I will probably offend you at some point

And if you're talking about blanking the odometer by disconnecting the battery, I don't want one with 0 miles... Just one with close to, preferably lower than, 30,000.
    I'm not talking about resetting it I can set it to whatever miles

Bikes:

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    Jawhn you goober head the wires scrufdog listed are the ones i told you where did you get that shit from
    you're makin me look dumb
    and i've done this twice
    Not trying to make you look bad... I wrote down the ones you told me, listed below. So either you, or I was drunk, or slipped. Thanks all, I'll give this a try!

Bikes:
    96 900RR

Not trying to make you look bad... I wrote down the ones you told me, listed below. So either you, or I was drunk, or slipped. Thanks all, I'll give this a try!
    just messin wit ya bro. so did you get it powered up?

Bikes:

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    just messin wit ya bro. so did you get it powered up?
    Nope. Not yet. Been busybusybusy since I got back from Cali. Hopefully I can start messing around with it tonight. My main concern is to find if it works ok or not so I can deal with / leave feedback for the eBay seller. Installation is somewhere down the line... (Item #1376 on my giant list of unfinished projects)

I *did* buy a decent leather punch last night so I could enlarge the holes on the ones I've already printed... But am still having a difficult time finding UV Safe Clear Spraypaint... And there doesn't seem to be much, if ANY, interest in the screenprinted ones yet.

RRzone Elder

Bikes:

Oh, Sime, ol' buddy, ol' pal...

Talked to Bo about which wires to hook up on the F4i gauges I just bought off fleabay, and tried hooking them up, no dice.

I'm pretty much just wanting to make sure the miles aren't way off before I tear into my electrical.

At present, I have tried hooking the following wires up:

Solid Green from White plug to battery ground.

Red w/ Green stripe, and Black with Brown stripe from Black plug, and Green with White stripe on White plug to Positive from battery... Nothing. Nothing lights up.

Any help appreciated in advance! (From anyone, but Sime seems to be the most knowledgeable on this mod...) Also, if you want one of my F4i/900RR faceplates for yours, it's on me, just PM me your mailing address again.
    Hey Jawhn,

Thanks for the offer on the custom faceplate. That's a real nice offer of you and I would definitely want one. Will PM you my address.

Now, onto the wiring...

Reg/green is the positive terminal. I connected mine inline with a fuse as a direct connection to the positive terminal on the battery. This is what powers your clock.

The solid green/white stripe wire should be hooked to your side stand single wire connection.

The black with brown stripe is your ignition wire. I seem to recall the wire you need to connect this to on your harness is a plain brown wire.

Check your ground, and also have a look at the F4i schematic again just to verify:

http://www.rrzone.com/forums/attachm...8&d=1170554832

LMK how you go!

Cheers,
    Sime

Bikes:

Quote Originally Posted by Sime View Post
    Hey Jawhn,

Thanks for the offer on the custom faceplate. That's a real nice offer of you and I would definitely want one. Will PM you my address.

Now, onto the wiring...

Reg/green is the positive terminal. I connected mine inline with a fuse as a direct connection to the positive terminal on the battery. This is what powers your clock.

The solid green/white stripe wire should be hooked to your side stand single wire connection.

The black with brown stripe is your ignition wire. I seem to recall the wire you need to connect this to on your harness is a plain brown wire.

Check your ground, and also have a look at the F4i schematic again just to verify:

http://www.rrzone.com/forums/attachm...8&d=1170554832

LMK how you go!

Cheers,
    Sime
    Lol. I was getting ready to give this a go right now, and realized you were giving me directions on how to WIRE this thing up.

Right now, I just want to know what wires to connect to check mileage on this eBay item...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me do this...

Bikes:

... Right now, I just want to know what wires to connect to check mileage on this eBay item... ...
    Bumpbump.

Bikes:
    '99 FrankenBlade '77 CJ7

Right now, find someone that has an F4i and ask them just to plug it in to the bike? The only thing it would hurt on theirs is the tripometer would reset itself unplugging it.

But if you just want to check mileage that is what I would do!!!

Laters.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other, body used up, totally worn-out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Bikes:

Quote Originally Posted by speedextreme View Post
    Right now, find someone that has an F4i and ask them just to plug it in to the bike? The only thing it would hurt on theirs is the tripometer would reset itself unplugging it.

But if you just want to check mileage that is what I would do!!!

Laters.
    I considered that, but I don't know anyone with an F4i...

Bikes:
    2006 CBR1000RR -- had 1999 CBR 900 Black, 1995 CBR 600F3, Had 1985 Interceptor 500

I would imagine that you could wire a 9v battery and touch the + wire to the power lead on the gauge. Should be enough juice to just power up the mileage. Just a guess. I have done that with tracing household wires from an outlet and someone in the attic with a volt meter. It picked up the jump of juice in the line so it should work for your needs
    When life hands you lemons . . . cut'em up . . . put'em in a Corona . . . and drink. Problem solved !! Hidden Content

Bikes:
    2006 CBR1000RR -- had 1999 CBR 900 Black, 1995 CBR 600F3, Had 1985 Interceptor 500

Bo . . . did you pull the factory sticker off or just try to get lucky with lining up the numbers ? I figure if you are off a little the numbers might be a bit darker
    When life hands you lemons . . . cut'em up . . . put'em in a Corona . . . and drink. Problem solved !! Hidden Content

Bikes:
    96 900RR

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan View Post
    Bo . . . did you pull the factory sticker off or just try to get lucky with lining up the numbers ? I figure if you are off a little the numbers might be a bit darker
    i put it on over the factory sticker with the precut holes it isn't too hard to line up

Not been here that long

Bikes:
    1993 900RR & sold 2002 gsxr750 & sold 2007 boulevard c50t

Just bought a F4i gauge for $50, and the person had one more left at the same price. There is only one flaw with the one left. The middle post on the back is missing, but other than that it was in great shape. Just wanted to see if anyone is interested. The part is in Atlanta, GA.

Not been here that long

Bikes:
    1993 900RR & sold 2002 gsxr750 & sold 2007 boulevard c50t

The gauge has only 2603 miles on it.

Bikes:
    Smokin Joe RR-S, Red RR-08

would be interested in it if he'll ship to the UK ?

Bikes:

Merry Christmas... I got the 900RR gauge plugs from Bo (Thanks a ton, man!) and figured before I started rewiring it, I should mark where they all originally went.

So... Here's a PDF with all the wire designations for the F4i plugs as well as the 900RR plugs. (Bo said he thought they were 95-97 gauges)

So. If anyone knows if the wires are different for different years, let me know and I'll update the PDF with more info. (Can't remember what year my F4i gauges are) Likewise, if I got mixed up on any wires, let me know. Got a lil cross-eyed working on this... Hope it helps folks anyway.

At some point I'd like to add what each wire is for, not just the colors. Another day.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast