Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: F4i digital gauges onto a 900RR!

Bikes:
    '92 CBR900RR "The Orginal", '94 VFR750, 1979 XL100

Default Re: F4i digital gauges onto a 900RR!

Quote Originally Posted by qudlatyz28 View Post
    Ok so I just mached the same color wires and i can't realy check it cause my kids are sliping now but I now that the side kick wires is wrong cause the light stays lit even when when i fold it in.
    HOW do you make it iluminate? do you have to do it or does it go into iluminate mode when it's dark?
    The neutral light stays lit when i put it in the gear also.

HELP HELP HELP.
    I have the wiring codes for this mod at home someplace. I should be able to find them. There is no side stand light, just a light that stays on if there is an error such as side stand, stalled motor, over temp etc. The illumination is on all the time if you mean the back light. You've really got it messed up by the looks.

Arrr you're in LUCK! I have found it!

Oh and there is a mob that will correct the mileage for you but can't remember their name. Should be on the zone some place if you do a search.
    "I reckon a little pain and suffering is worth any amount of riding" Ben Manton R.I.P. 12/2005

Bikes:
    98 Repsol Bodywork CBR900RR, 92 Plaid CBR600F2 Trackbike

HOLY CRAP!!! Welcome back, man!!! (I hope)

Default Re: horsepower....want more?

I know the plugs never arrived since they declared the package lost and paid me the insurance, I'm not using EMS again.

sorry but they moved me to a new branch office at work and this shop is way far off my way.

me started the biting /me points at your teeth

Bikes:
    1998' Honda CBR900RR - bought new off the show room floor.

Quote Originally Posted by kiai View Post
    I know the plugs never arrived since they declared the package lost and paid me the insurance, I'm not using EMS again.

sorry but they moved me to a new branch office at work and this shop is way far off my way.

me started the biting /me points at your teeth
    How about you just cut off your plugs, send them here... I'll go around and find replacements and then i'll send yours back! LOL

Anyone have an extra f4I plug and one of our 900rr plugs OFF your bike where I can take them around and find us all some plugs??? It's hard to find something without a sample in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by azsalezguy View Post
    How about you just cut off your plugs, send them here... I'll go around and find replacements and then i'll send yours back! LOL
    Hell no the riding season just started after along burning hot summer

Bikes:

Quote Originally Posted by azsalezguy View Post
    ... Anyone have an extra f4I plug ...
    I don't think that needs to be done. IIRC, the wires just come directly out of the F4i gauges... So the male plug to go into our harness is all we need, and we can attach that to the F4i wires*...

If there was a cool local shop that specialized in plugs, I'll just take my 900RR gauges in there and see if they have a plug that would match it. I don't know of any... And I made measurements of the pin spacing, but lost it. Just need to re-measure, and maybe mouser.com or somebody like that might have it?

* Unless you're also not wanting to hack your F4i plug/wiring. I already cut mine off, because I didn't care. I just don't want to hack my 900RR harness wiring, so I could easily throw the 900RR gauges back on if needed.

Bikes:

Moved these posts to the right thread...

Will - (Or anyone)

I don't have my bike at work today... Any chance someone can make a really good scan (300ppi or better) of the backside of the 98/99 gauge cluster?

And for bonus points, measure the pin spacing?

I'm sure Mouser.com would have to sell something that fit...?

Thanks in advance.

Bikes:

Ok, now I'm home (And strangely, somewhat motivated...) I took my gauges / speedometer off, scanned them, and made some measurements. Now I'm gonna contact Mouser and see if they can help me...

Here's the info for others interested. This is from my 1998 CBR900RR.

Attachment 10267

If/when I can identify the plug needed, I will post up. Crossing fingers!!!

Not been here that long qudlatyz28's Avatar

I'm an idiot. I checked the fuse box again and sure enough 1 was fried. Now trying to get the right wires connected. I might be able to get it to work.
    Will see.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content ......93cbr900rr...... Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Success never comes at just the right time, it just comes, and it is up to us to take advantage of it when it does!
    www.horizondg.com

Might be a silly question but what does the F1 ind stand for? Do I need it to be lit on my gauge?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content ......93cbr900rr...... Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Success never comes at just the right time, it just comes, and it is up to us to take advantage of it when it does!
    www.horizondg.com

It's working.(other than speedo) yay

www.horizondg.com

Bikes:

Quote Originally Posted by jawhn View Post
    ... Now I'm gonna contact Mouser and see if they can help me... ...
    They still haven't gotten back to me...

And why hasn't anyone answered qudlatyz28's question? I don't know the answer, myself.

ok i made it to page 11 before i got bored so hopefully not reposting a question that has been answered already.

im stuck on deciding to do this becasue of the speedo healer. i have never done one and quite frankly i am a little worried about doing this. plus not sure about what all i have to take off. i see most have all thier fairings off. i have changed the bulbs in my 97 and only had to remove the windshield. think i can remount the F4i without taking the fairings off?

also this is the pat i dont understand (copied from earlier post)

From the SpeedoHealer site, you need to order the custom SH from the factory in Hungary: http://www.healtech-electronics.com/en/order.htm (Edit: you MUST order it directly from Hungary, not the USA. The SH factory in Hungary is the only place you can get the custom SH from)

The part you need is #SHv3.0C8. You need to contact SpeedoHealer prior to ordering, and you need to order it in the 'Honda 1' configuration (which is plug and play).

i went to that site and it only shows the harness setup. where do i actually order the healer from adn do i have to order the healer AND the plug from that site? i know it needs the honda1 setup but just not sure how to get it all to work. any help is greatly appreciated. thaks to all for their work!

Hello,

There is a newer version of speedo healer than the one that was around when this started that would allow you to have a full calibration without having to order a custom unit it's speedohealer V4 of course you need to get it with a honda harness.

also just making sure you have 95-97 900RR model right ?

the installation is pretty straight through and skills needed would be soldering some wires and terminals as well as taking the tank off for installing th speedohealer.

I hope this have helped.

Happy new year to you

yeah its an old 1997 CBR900RR with over 48,000 miles lol. looks outstanding, im second owner, and runs great (other than carbs need cleaning and syncing , no low end power).

thanks for the quick response. i know i need to get the 98 temp gauge (just a bolt on IIRC) and the F4i guage of course. i have replaced the cam chain tensioner with a manual one and upgraded but that is about all i have done to it. also do you know if this can be done without taking upper fairings off? really dont want to get into that. now if i could just find a F4i guage for less that $150!

Well I've a 97rr as well and it runs like a champ

you will need the following:

- F4i guages
    - The 900RR guage 9pin plug
    - a nail to pop out the terminals out of the f4i plug and install it to the 900's
    - Sim's wiring map it might be a bit different on yours though if you confuse any colors come back here and ask.
    - 98-99 Temp Sensor.
    - SpeedoHealer V4.
    - now the hard part you have to make a custom bracket so that fits to the guages and your current upper fairing stay there was a project here about fabricating one you can follow up how it went but I believe it was for the 98 stay though feel free to ask.

basically once you got the guages wired and installed to the stay you need to wire the speedohealer to your speed sensor you can do this while changing the temp sensor as it's almost over (right side under the fuel tank).

I believe you will need to take out the carbs to install the sensor itself so you will need some skill with that.

once done you will need to calibrate your speedometer via with the speedo healer the new version is electronic so it's pretty easy alot of ppl here say it's around +380% I've mine set at 780% with -1 +3 gearing. easiest way to check via gps and calibrate accordingly.

I hope this helps.

Bikes:

Kiai, I love ya man, but any progress on that plug part #, or any interest in swinging by moumann and trying to mail some?

Hello johnny sorry but I realy can't find the plug anymore I've tried to get a part number out of them several times but they don't seem to know one for it. I'm wondering if we can make our own from a plastic cube or molding shouldn't be that hard

ok will a 98 sensor work with my current 97 guages? if so i would just replace it while im getting the carbs reworked.

it will work however it will give you almost 1/5 of the reading. you really just need to switch them together.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast