Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch replacement

Bikes:
    XX conversion is complete and kicking Busa butt

Default Re: Clutch replacement

Welcome Rideitripit! Be sure and introduce yourself in the Introduction section (and post some pics if you have them handy). Glad to see someone from my neck of the woods. Ever visit the dragstrip in Huntsville? That's my home track. I'll be taking my 1100 conversion (cRRow) down there hopefully in a few weeks to see how she does.
    "Crankenstein" is a GO...

Bikes:
    no bike now

i think the clutch spring bolts r 9lbs torque. if i remeber right

Not been here that long

Nice tutorial! I will be using this along with my Clymer and Honda OEM manuals to do my clutch this weekend. Check out this youtube video to HEAR why. I bought this bike but never rode it, it was on some wheel lifts and it seemed like it shifted fine but when I got it home it wouldn't go. It made this loud clunking sound (see vid) and it's obviously it is something in the clutch. Having never worked on bikes before (but plenty of cars) I just bought all new stuff, clutch basket, springs, clutch disks, bolts, etc. After I opened up the case though I could see scuff marks on the inside of the clutch case are and scuff marks on the outside of the clutch basket, so the basket must be shot. It seems fairly simple to put back together. I will post a victory video if anyone is interested lol

Here is what it sounds like now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12