Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever hit an animal?

Bikes:
    cbr900rr

Default Ever hit an animal?

I know there is always that possibility of an animal running out in front of me, I was wondering if anyone has hit any animals with their motorcycle... what were the circumstances and effect? (<-the only animal icon I found)

Bikes:
    900RR 1998

Default Re: Ever hit an animal?

Quote Originally Posted by bmpyNUKS View Post
    I know there is always that possibility of an animal running out in front of me, I was wondering if anyone has hit any animals with their motorcycle... what were the circumstances and effect? (<-the only animal icon I found)
    sadly a dog and a pigeon ... both K.O. .

with tons of luck me and my bike, no damage.
    well, dark it is....

RRzone Elder

Bikes:
    2002 CBR954

I know someone who hit a deer. It totaled the bike. They were wearing gear and were uninjured. The insurance paid up and they bought another bike.

I've had a few close calls with deer but have never hit one.
    2002 CBR954 Black/Silver

Secret Squirrel Member bikerdave's Avatar

Bikes:
    1998 CBR900RR

Yea, I hear your concerns.
    I hit a possum one night.
    I saw him zigged and he zigged too.
    I do not beleive that he made it.
    I stayed upright with out a whole lot of trouble.
    I have know guys who hit dear and the bike was totaled
    and the person wound up spending a year in traction afterward.
    On the smaller animals and zigging a friend of mine helped
    me make decision on that.
    This friend was an ex-lower level professonal flat tracker. He was a really good
    rider. He was going home from the bike shop where he was a wrench and was
    cooking not too badly on his Ascot. A rabit ran out infront of him and they
    both zigged and the rabit zigged right into him and he tried to zag. He left the
    road and took on a tree head on. Because of his gear he lived. He too spent a year in traction. The rear of the bike came up behind him as he and the front stopped for the tree and pulverized his leg as it went by. He spent the next year in the hospital with multiple operations to the leg and the metal rods.
    He got out of motorcycles and did not ride any more.
    I have decided, ok, I'll zig once and if that doesn't work, I tried.
    Me or the animal. No contest especially after the try.
    I also found that those "deer whittles" appear to work for me.
    After I put them on the bike, I never again came close to another deer.
    I saw them and they were usually going away.
    Fine with me.
    It was in Central pennsylvania, deer heaven.
    Those who dance are considered crazy by those who
    can not hear the music!

Bikes:
    94 900RR; 2004 DRZ400e

One of the surgeons I work with was on the receiving end of a third degree AC separation after a deer impact. A week after the repair (shoulder repair) and he's still in agony. This was a low speed impact owing to the fact that he was pedaling at the time.....

Bikes:
    '99 CBR900 RR

Was showing off in the street with my dirt bike when I was still a kid. The neighbor's rottweiler couldn't stand the sound of a 250 and charged at me.
    Hit the dog with the back wheel (front was in the air), dog was OK, my ego bruised, body scratched and bruised.
    Hit a pigeon at 100KM/h recently, hurt like fcuk,looked like i was punched in the chest by the hulk, pigeon completely fcukked.

There is an urban legend goin around our neighborhood of a biker who was coming home from a rally. Apparently he was traveling at great speed and rode straight through a cow...
    You know how it is when you lean back too far in your chair and almost fall backwards, but save yourself at the last second? I feel like that all day.

Bikes:
    CBR900RR,-GSXR 600,-CBR600RR

Hit a wild hog doing 85mph dead on. I flew up in the air and slid for a good 200 feet. This was about 6 years ago and I broke my ankle due to it being under the shifter. Bike damage was bent forks and triple tree and plastics on right side. Wild hog was picked up by some ranchers near by and cooked. It weight about 300 pounds. It took me a year to fully recover but I've done more injuries stunting. Johnnyh

Bikes:
    1993 CBR 900RR crash test dummy, and an 02 windstar with 2 15's in the back, for now

I have hit only birds due to living on the Gulf Coast.... Seagulls x2 are the worst as they are big. I was in a parking lot both times thank god. I've gotten 2 or 3 riding but they were still enough to leave bruises. If a cat or dog comes out in front of me they are toast, I'm not hitting the ditch and crashing my bike for a stray. If the cat or dogs owner gets mad, then should have kept them inside.
    Deers on the road? We have them in the zoo here in Houston

Steven
    93 900 Blk Slvr Red/ totaled... I got parts for sale.....

Bikes:
    XX conversion is complete and kicking Busa butt

I was on the interstate on my old XS1100 Yammie running side by side with an 18wheeler when a redbird flew in front of me, then stopped to avoid the truck, did a U-turn and hit my front master cylinder. No damage to bike, but alot of blood all over my right grip, master cylinder, and my right sleeve. Judging from the amount of blood, I don't think he made it We were tuning a buddy's ZX9 few years ago and while he was out testing it in front of his house (he has a nice stretch of straight road to test on) a neighbor's dog decided to try and catch the bike by it's front wheel. Looked to me like he was dead instantly. Soon as contact was made, dog was tossed like a ragdoll into the ditch. Buddy went down with minor scrapes and some rash. Bike suffered the same. Dog never moved.
    "Crankenstein" is a GO...

I stepped over a cat like twice the poor things run around the streets here it only felt like a pump the cat seems to be ok though they always keep running

Bikes:
    cbr900rr

Some of these stories are funny (seagull bruise looking like a hulk punch), some horrible (skilled mechanic/rider loosing it over a rabbit), but judging by the responses I was right to think it's probably gonna happen one day. Hopefully it's not a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by bmpyNUKS View Post
    Some of these stories are funny (seagull bruise looking like a hulk punch), some horrible (skilled mechanic/rider loosing it over a rabbit), but judging by the responses I was right to think it's probably gonna happen one day. Hopefully it's not a deer.

deers are very forgiving compared to camels

Secret Squirrel Member bikerdave's Avatar

Bikes:
    1998 CBR900RR

Dag! Kiai, Thanks for the perspective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who dance are considered crazy by those who
    can not hear the music!

Bikes:
    2006 CBR1000RR -- had 1999 CBR 900 Black, 1995 CBR 600F3, Had 1985 Interceptor 500

Making a turn onto a road at 10 o'clock at night, saw the dog start running across the yard at me. Was gonna gas it but remembered the stupid manual sai "slow down and let the dog run away" WRONG !!! Slowed down and it gave the dog enough time to run right in front of me and hit the front wheel and tucked the bike. Cosmetic damage, learned never to yell inside a helmet . . . very loud. Oddly enough . . . no one ever knew who's dog it was. Knocked on every door, never saw the dog again. Now I'll kick any dog that gets close
    When life hands you lemons . . . cut'em up . . . put'em in a Corona . . . and drink. Problem solved !! Hidden Content

Bikes:
    cbr900rr

Quote Originally Posted by kiai View Post
    deers are very forgiving compared to camels
    I belief it, a few weeks ago I watch a video from Tahrir Square where people pulled riders from horses and knocked some of the horses down, they tried to do the same to the camel and it's rider... no luck, I was impressed on how sturdy they are.

well yeah I wonder who the hell they were seems like they travelled through the middle ages or something

I once hit a camel driving a car it was totalled

Bikes:
    Honda CBR 1000 RR Fireblade ABS 2014

Ive hit a few cats and rabbits.

The cats survived, by I was on a scooter when I hit it. I was fine too.
    Most rabbits dont survive unfortunatly, but they're small enough not to worry about.

Now when we ride to the new forest once a year for a week, where we stay has a 10 mile road with deer, horses, foul, and cows in the road
    Have to go soooo slowly on the sv because its so loud, it startles the animals which run about all over. Always a fun experience

My dad hit a pigeon and it smashed the massive screen he had on my old cb400.
    It was a huge screen like 2.5 foot both ways. It split in half lol.
    Honda CBR900RR Fireblade, Suzuki SV1000s, Honda CB400 SF, Honda CBR600RR Hidden Content - GONE
    Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade ABS 2014 Hidden Content
    Forum moderator Hidden Content
    Valentino Rossi waving to me Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gothy View Post
    Most rabbits dont survive unfortunatly, but they're small enough not to worry about.
    easter bunny out for revenge !

Yep! hit a dog on a cold dark rainy country road..it had escaped from a nearby farm was almost hit by swerving cars in the darkness then it it hit me not between the front wheel..he hit the radiator then the crash bung and died instantly..the bike had some damage about 2000$ which the farmers insurance paid..i thank god i am alive.

Bikes:
    98 Repsol Bodywork CBR900RR, 92 Plaid CBR600F2 Trackbike

(Knocking on wood) Hitting animals, whaaaa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast