Thread: Need help with vfr 800 swingarm on cbr 919

Not been here that long

Default Need help with vfr 800 swingarm on cbr 919

Hi , week ago i decide to made this conversion to my bike-99 fireblade. I bought vfr 800 2000 swing arm assembly and shave it 15mm to the right side to make it fit....vfr hub is 274mm and the cbr one is 260...Weld a tube between Y ends to make it stronger...Now it fits but front and rear srockets arent aligned-rear is about 10mm ot the left. Has anyone did this conversion before and how did you alignt the sprockets? Thank you

Bikes:
    '99 FrankenBlade '77 CJ7

Default Re: Need help with vfr 800 swingarm on cbr 919

I haven't done the mod. But I have modded a pair of RC51/SP2 wheels to my Blade. The rear wheel uses the same swingarm that the 929/954's use to a point... But I know for a fact the cush drive on the RC51 and the 929/954's are the same down to the part numbers... When I modded the swingarm to fit the wheel, I had the issue of about 5mm's out of alignment. I took a thick washer and put it behind the front sprocket. Then had to safety wire the bolt in place to keep the sprocket on... SO, you could possibly do the same, but then have the rear sprocket mounting surface "surfaced" down by a machine shop about 5mm's?

It could work???
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other, body used up, totally worn-out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Bikes:
    cbr900rr

Ive done this conversion, not got as far as the sprockets yet but looks like it lines up ok. Did you put the spacer in on the left hand side of the arm where it meets the frame?

Bikes:
    99 CBR900RR, 97CBR900RR,

You need a spacer on the left side and the castled bolt on the right side takes up the slack. If your swing arm is tight against the left side with no spacer and your sprocket is still out of alignment, you may be out of luck.
    99CBR900RR (SSSA)
    99CBR900RR (Track)
    Jeff

Not been here that long

An old thread, but for anyone wanting to fit a SSSA to their carburetted 'Blade, don't start with a VFR800 S/A which is split at the front to mount around the engine. A VFR750 S/A will slot straight in as it's not split and narrower at the front. In fact the '94-'97 S/A is slightly narrower at the front than the earlier '90-'93 one. Also, the later one uses linkage plates (like the 'Blade), whereas the earlier one uses the cast knuckle.

However, I believe a VFR800 S/A can be used on a 929/954 'Blade as they also have the same split style at the front, mounted either side of the rear of the engine.

But everyone probably knows all this by now anyway.
    ----
    You can't have too many bikes.