Thread: Confused on 99 cbr900 master carb/screws

Not been here that long

Default Confused on 99 cbr900 master carb/screws

Hey guys. Going to be syncing my carbs. Anything I mention here is looking at the carbs from the seated position. I have 2 different manuals (factory and a haynes) and they both show different locations for the sync adjusting screws. The factory is not an original. The factory manual shows them to the left of carbs 1,2,&3. The haynes shows them to the right of 1,2,&3 (which is how they actually are).They both say the base carb is #3 and that it can't be adjusted.
    Both manuals say the vacuum take off screws are on 1,2,&4. The vacuum take off screws on my bike are on carbs 1,3,and 4. The fuel tap vacuum hose is connected to carb 2. So carb 2 has no screw for an adapter and it has the vacuum hose so wouldn't that be the base/master carb? Is it possible that the carbs were replaced with a different set? I bought the bike used. The bike runs fine. I just took them apart this winter to clean them. Thanks a lot.

Not been here that long

Default Re: Confused on 99 cbr900 master carb/screws

Ok. I think i got it. Just confused on the sync adjusting screws. If there is one to the right of each carb 1 and 2 and one in between carb 3 and 4. Then , the one in between 3 and 4 must adjust carb 4 since 3 is not adjustable , right? Cause i've seen some setups where there is a screw in between carbs 1 and 2 and a screw between 3 and 4 and there will be a screw in the middle of 2 and 3 to adjust all the carbs together. Thanks for your patience

Bikes:
    Another '98 CBR 900 RR now for the track; '88 Hawk GT will be back on the road come Spring

So, all sorted now?

Not been here that long

Not really. I am still wondering if each sync adjusting screw adjusts one carb/ and if so, which one does it adjust?

Quote Originally Posted by ghbzorro View Post
    So, all sorted now?