Thread: Seven Zero Seven helmet review

RRzone Member

Bikes:
    1993 CBR900RR

Default Seven Zero Seven helmet review

I have gone through a few helmets in the last few weeks looking for a good fit and comfort. Got a gmax helmet for 60 bucks, not bad for the money but the external sun visor was poorly thought out. And when it was taken off the visor became even louder. Then I got a built helmet from cycle gear, LOUD and not comfy. I guess my head is more round and it was made for an oval but it was loose in some areas and tight in others. The built was also loud but maybe in part of being modular. I have in the past always gotten shoei or aria. But the wife won't let me spend 400 on a helmet that is why I have been greeting budget lids. Cycle gear has an comfort exchange, so I got a seven zero seven vendetta 3. Never heard of them but it looked well built fit my head with no pressure points and was comfy. At surface street speed was the quite more so then any other helmet I have had. At freeway speed was not much louder. Ventilation may not be the best but it is not bad and I think it helps with the noise. I like that it has a interior sun visor and is a smart looking helmet. Just wanted to give you all my thoughts on this brand as it is a very nice sub 200 dollar helmet.

Bikes:
    '99 CBR900 RR

Default Re: Seven Zero Seven helmet review

I have been going through helmets myself, looking for a replacement to my Scorpion EXO-1000.
    Bought an Icon Alliance, crap fit, loud as all fcuk. Very good ventilation.
    Bought a Shark S900 almost as loud as the Icon, OK fit, poorly designed cheek pad inflation system.

So now it's back to trying to find a dealer selling Scorpion helmets here in the ass-crack of the planet.
    I do not think there will be another helmet that's as quiet and comfortable as the EXO-1000.
    You know how it is when you lean back too far in your chair and almost fall backwards, but save yourself at the last second? I feel like that all day.

RRzone Member

Bikes:
    1993 CBR900RR

Getting a helmet you love is hard, I really like my 707 helmet, but again it was almost 200 bucks. And when you do love a helmet, they discontinue it when you want to replace it.

Bikes:
    2006 CBR1000RR -- had 1999 CBR 900 Black, 1995 CBR 600F3, Had 1985 Interceptor 500

Ask the wife if a $99 cubic zirconia diamond is just as good as a $400 ring ? I do agree helmets are a little out of control with the prices for the good ones but I will have to admit the higher levels ones really do feel better. I am an Arai owner so I cannot comment on any other brand but I would try to stress to the wife that this is the one place where ya really shouldn't skimp on coverage.

I think AGV makes some good middle of the road, not really sure but I think you are going to have to blow 2 bills at least.

Not trying to preach
    When life hands you lemons . . . cut'em up . . . put'em in a Corona . . . and drink. Problem solved !! Hidden Content

RRzone Member

Bikes:
    1993 CBR900RR

I agree it is your head but all road legal helmets have to meet minimum requirements, but the seven zero seven predecessor the vendetta 2 was actually Snell rated and the only change in construction was the addition of the internal sun visor, I guess they will fail a Snell because of that. All I was putting out was that for those of us that can't swing aria it is a good compromise and honestly is the best lid I have owned and I have had an aria and two shoei's. But it is only because I have had a hard time finding a lid that fit. I did look at avg, and it was not really that much more maybe 10 to 20 more. But just was not a perfect fit. So all in all your lid should be a very thought out decision as it could save your life. But in my findings the sub 100 dollar helmets are far from the same build as those over 150 and the 707 lid was 170 plain and 180 with graphics so not a cheap helmet by any means