Thread: Few questions

Not been here that long Justenl90's Avatar

Bikes:
    93 Cbr 900rr

Default Few questions

I'll start off saying hey. I'm new just signed up. I just recently bought a 93 cbr 900rr, it's not my first bike but it's my first project one. I've been researching a lot on different ideas to convert it to a newer style. As far as changing the seat subframe and fairings and what not. But I seem to be finding it hard to find exact details for my specific year. So was hoping someone/s could possibly give me some answers and point me in the right direction. First- I read something about being able to mount up and r1 subframe or a gsx-r 1000 subframe. But what I read didn't specify what year I would have to purchase for it to work with my bike. Also I read that I could mount fairings without any major fabrications from cbr 900's as new as a 99 model. Was wondering if that was true as well. And with the subframes, with the right one was wondering if anyone could maybe explain a little on the process of how to mount it up. I've seen different forums on this site of course about doing the swaps but like I said couldn't really find anything specific to my year bike. And lastly what exact model rim would I have to get to jump up to a 17inch rim? I read about the F3 swap but again wasn't sure if that was compatible for my 93. Like I said this is my first project and I don't know to much other than how to ride and the basics lol. Would appreciate any positive feedback/suggestions. Thank you

RRzone Member

Bikes:
    CBR900RRN, Morini 3 1/2

Default Re: Few questions

Welcome. Not done what you're going to do (I have a 92 Blade - UK, we got them earlier than you guys ... ) but take a look at these threads. You'll need to read the lot as they're not specific to your questions but there's a lot of information in them.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...fireblade.html

http://www.rrzone.com/forums/showthr...20irreversible

http://www.rrzone.com/forums/showthr...s-onto-a-900RR!

As for the 17" wheel I went aftermarket but all of the Blade forums have threads that detail what people have done. 'Google' is your friend here ....

Enjoy!
    Dave
    Carpe diem ...

Bikes:
    93 Cbr 900rr

Thank you very much for the info

Bikes:
    93 Cbr 900rr

So I'm having some sort of electrical issue it just makes a whining noise when I try to start it. Already put a new starter, a new regular rectifier from an r1 as recommended from other forums on here, and a new starter relay solenoid. Now I'm at a loss for ideas of what it could be. Anyone have any ideas would be greatly appreciated