Thread: 900RR HEADER OPTION

Not been here that long

Default 900RR HEADER OPTION

just discovered a neat bit of info. if you want a cheap higher performance & lighter header/ exhaust the 05 GSX-R1000 header bolts up with no mods!
    now, my 900rr motor is NOT in a 900rr frame so i cannot quarantee anything else.
    it seems to follow the pan pretty good & the end comes out towards the center of the bike but still on the left side.

Not been here that long

Default Re: 900RR HEADER OPTION

Did you notice any performance increase with your new header?

Not been here that long

Due to fitment issues i went with a modified f3 race header. The 1k header is a little too far from the oil pan & hence, too close to the lower/ground. The f3 header has larger than stock primaries. Had the 900 oem flanges installed by rls exhaust since the f3 flanges are different. Ricky with rls did a great job!
    I will be taking her to sabins performance as soon as i get the jetting close. Not a back to back test since i have no "before" run but i will post up results. Custom made airbox is the only other mod. i will also be converting to a programmable cdi as well & will be doing b4 & after on it

Bikes:
    Another '98 CBR 900 RR, '88 Hawk GT track bike (both back in Canada) 2007 V-Strom 1000 in Dubai

keep us posted