Thread: No fuel No start.

RRzone Member

Default No fuel No start.

Quick question. 1997 900RR fuel tank removed. Should fuel flow from petcock when switched on?

RRzone Member

Default Re: No fuel No start.

So the answer is no. Not by just turning petcock to on position. It requires a sorce of vacume to the small hose on the petcock as well. After figuring that out I have good flow from petcock. And fuel is being filled into the carb bowls. Bike has been sitting for over a year. Was running fine when stored. Now to cleaning carbs out....

Bikes:
    Another '98 CBR 900 RR, '88 Hawk GT track bike

Clean clean clean

Not been here that long

Quote Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
    So the answer is no. Not by just turning petcock to on position. It requires a sorce of vacume to the small hose on the petcock as well. After figuring that out I have good flow from petcock. And fuel is being filled into the carb bowls. Bike has been sitting for over a year. Was running fine when stored. Now to cleaning carbs out....
    I just replaced my petcock off my 94 cbr900rr with a vacuum actived one that is used for gravity feeding, now Iím confused. I hooked the fuel line up to the petcock and the carbs and no fuel flow is occurring. How do I get the fuel to flow to the carbs to start up the bike? The bike has been sitting awhile so I donít believe it has any fuel in the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk