Thread: Had my blade for over a year now, may as well join the forums!

Not been here that long

Default Had my blade for over a year now, may as well join the forums!

Bought my blade Feb last year, absolutely brilliant bike. Time to do some of the fun bits on her.

After going over tonnes of posts on the bike about the front wheel conversion I thought I would post up my experience.

I have a 1997/8 CBR900rrv with the 16" front wheel.

Swapping it for a 17" front from a 1997 CBR600F3.

Using the 900 wheel spacers, and rotors, the wheel slotted into space perfectly. Nothing is binding or rubbing.

Wheel spins freely until I put the brakes on, then seems to be a bit stiff, however it was the same on the 16" wheel, so will be replacing the rotors when I get some spare cash, and rebuilding the callipers with new seals and fresh fluid.

Have a YouTube channel under RCChurchy for anyone who wants to waste a few moments of their life! But I've got to share this bike, she's gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikes:
    Another '98 CBR 900 RR, '88 Hawk GT track bike (both back in Canada) 2007 V-Strom 1000 in Dubai

Default Re: Had my blade for over a year now, may as well join the forums!

Great looking bike. 1998 model (RRW) is Best Of The 'Blades in my always humble opinion.

Not been here that long

Quote Originally Posted by ghbzorro View Post
    Great looking bike. 1998 model (RRW) is Best Of The 'Blades in my always humble opinion.
    It's a nice look, bit sharper. But can't beat the fox eye styling. It's the best looking front end of them all, if you like the classic styling. These new bikes are all too sharp and pointed, no character anymore! I know they go faster but whenever I go out to my blade I get that "I get to ride that, and it looks fantastic!" Feeling.

Bikes:
    2006 CBR1000RR -- had 1999 CBR 900 Black, 1995 CBR 600F3, Had 1985 Interceptor 500

I hear ya Churchy, I am a fan of the double headlight on as people often wave to get my attention to tell me I got a head light out
    When life hands you lemons . . . cut'em up . . . put'em in a Corona . . . and drink. Problem solved !! Hidden Content

Not been here that long

Got some shiny new mirrors!

And also got some mankey old corrosion in my starter solenoid connections....

Have just had to transplant a dud regulator rectifier and ordered a battery as the current one has been boiled to death. Found some pretty nasty corrosion in the wiring loom for the starter and charging systems. Will have to strip it all back and see just how far the corrosion hole goes. Until then, bump starting the blade! (It's bloody easy!)

Bikes:
    1998 Honda CBR900RR, 2005 Honda CBR1000RR, 2005 Suzuki GSX-R750

Purdy, still have my 16" front wheel, even after its days on the track. Always wanted to do the swap, just never did.
    Hidden Content
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.