Thread: CBR 900RR

Not been here that long

Default CBR 900RR

Hi guys i am new to forum hello to all...

Would like to ask something last 2 years i got some problem with electric on my cbr900rr...

Those 3 wires come from stator and goes to reg/rec and they are too warm when i pin up the green wire and other one +/- when i pin out they are not also when its pinned up the fuse 30A on starter relay burn always....reg\rec is new i buy last year from motorcycle market.

Alose the reg/rec connector old one was burned i remove it and make it directly with a connector with insulation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	15192

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	15193

This is the negative from battery when i buy this bike i didnt see it...today i pull out tank and when i remove the Insulation tape i just saw that ? maybe there are not ground ?

Anyone have a suggestion what is the problem with those burning fuses 30A and warm those 3 yellow wires... ?

Thanks hope i will fix this soon

BTW 2 Weeks ago i buy 929 cbr i just paint wheels

Monday i will start paint farings

Here Some Pic from wheels

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	15194

Bikes:
    2006 CBR1000RR -- had 1999 CBR 900 Black, 1995 CBR 600F3, Had 1985 Interceptor 500

Default Re: CBR 900RR

Not sure this will help as I am not all that good with electrical issues.

If you are burning fuses that means you are getting too much current which causes the fuse to burn up to save the system. If the wires used are not large enough to carry that amount of current that would cause them to get hot and/or melt. The picture of the negative terminal on battery looks like exposed wire so you may not be grounded properly. Sounds like you may have too much current through the system.

This is just a guess on my part
    When life hands you lemons . . . cut'em up . . . put'em in a Corona . . . and drink. Problem solved !! Hidden Content