Thread: Helloooow everyone !!

Not been here that long

Default Helloooow everyone !!

I'm new here so I will introduce myself,
    my name is Daan, and I come from Holland (as you probably already expected from "The Dutch guy ;-)
    So what am I doing here ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3891.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	15214 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3890.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	15215

This is my bike, I bought it in 2004 in Belgium. Didn't do a proper testdrive and the first time I drove it @ home it turned out to be "jumping" out of 2nd gear.
    I had to open up the motor, replace second and sixt gear, along with shift forks, clutch plates, and several bearings.
    Adjusted the valves, cleaned the carburators, and when I first turned it round, it fired up in a split second, never had any problems since.
    Now the engine was fit again, I started thinking about replacing that big ugly ass, with a nice slim ass of the 600RR, after that the brackets of the top cockpit, front fender of a VTR SP1, and so on, and so on.
    I enjoyed lot's of miles on the bike, but there came a point on which there were more important things that needed my attention.
    I have neglected her for the past 1.5 years, and now I intend to thoroughly renovate the Blade, starting with the exchange of the original block with the 1100 of a Blackbird, and if that is running completely problem-free, I want one mount turbo kit.
    That is why I have now registered with this fantastic club, for the information about the Blackbird, and of course I will post a report of the project, so that you can also benefit from it ... I can not wait to start this project, and this kind of feels like the first step, so cheers, have a nice day and w'll keep in touch.

Regards Daan

ps. excuses me for my English, I'm sure it's not 100% all the time, I hope you can all follow me,...

Bikes:
    Another '98 CBR 900 RR now for the track; '88 Hawk GT will be back on the road come Spring

Default Re: Helloooow everyone !!

Looking forward to learning about your progress.