Thread: Jetting

Bikes:
    1993 cbr900rrp

Default Jetting

Hi all, ive got my 93’ RRP, it has a full system exhaust and ive just fitted a pipercross air filter, its good low down and mid range but full throttle its spluttering before taking off. I was thinking i need to raise the needle jets, what are you guys running? Are you changing main jets too etc? Cheers, jim

Bikes:
    Another '98 CBR 900 RR now for the track; '88 Hawk GT will be back on the road come Spring

Default Re: Jetting

As you will have realized by now, The Zone is nowhere near as active as it once was, so it might take a very long time to get a knowledgeable answer.

Let me add my inexpert advice. No, make that my inexpert guess: Raise the needle by one shim/washer and see if it improves.

Bikes:
    1993 cbr900rrp

Thumbs up Re: Jetting

Quote Originally Posted by ghbzorro View Post
    As you will have realized by now, The Zone is nowhere near as active as it once was, so it might take a very long time to get a knowledgeable answer.

Let me add my inexpert advice. No, make that my inexpert guess: Raise the needle by one shim/washer and see if it improves.

Hellooooooo, delayed reply lol. Yes thanks for that!

Long story short im spot on now with 42 pilot jets, 120 mains and not one but TWO shims on the needle’s. Pilot screw is on 2 1/2 and all is well for now.

I think its a shame this forum is quiet, fireblades.org must have stolen the members. Too much for me though.