Thread: New to the site

Not been here that long

Bikes:
    1996 CBR900RR

Default New to the site

So... I was a big-time VFR fan.
    Started riding in 07 on an R6(yeah, a dealer sold me that thing without checking if I had ever ridden)
    Hated it... Too small, too peaky, speed wobbled like crazy... Too scared to go over 13k rpm (just didn't like it)
    Crashed it... A lot
    Borrowed a buddys beat old hyabussa... It was augered out like a 2$.... Uh, hyabussa 😉
    Loved it, perfect size, smooth, stable... Easier to ride than the R6
    Got cut off and dumped it at low speed (probably the 1000th time it had been down by the look of it)
    Scared my GF and I was moving North to the snow so I stopped riding all together.

Got engaged.

Dad buys me a 1980 CB400T because he's just awesome like that.

Loved it, blew it up, rebuilt it in my yard, sold it for something faster and with fairings... 1991 VFR750F

My Unicorn bike... 10,000miles in one year, I couldn't stop riding it... No one could stop me; not even the brakes as I slid on pea gravel (whilst going the speed limit) then decided to let go as the bike continued off a cliff in Bahgdad AZ down to join another pair of bikes already down there from earlier in the weekend. One of the other riders died, I broke my wrist and shattered my confidence.

So... I got a 98 VFR800FI with LOTS of mods and I didn't like that either... Super fast but handled like a 5ton truck.
    I had to let it go...

Enter my 96 CBR900RR... Didn't know anything about them, didn't care... It had a fully adjustable suspension and that awesome 90's styling.

Bought mine in East LA and rode it to Phoenix in the summer (115° for 5hours)

It was stunted and raced prior to my ownership, had black housepaint and aluminum spike fasteners covering the original "erion racing" graphics and it had been kept outside.

Now I'm a CBR900RR guy too! My passion is apparently contagious, my dad bought a 95, my brother bought a 929 and is looking at a 98 as well... And now my bike is in all it's individual pieces on a shelf in my garage as I sort through the mechanical damage from the PO...

I'm a professionally trained automotive technician,
    Have a BS in Professional Flight from ASU,
    Am a CMEL and CSEL instrument pilot, AGI and working on my CFI.
    Just moved to Portland OR, and I'll never leave... I've lived in 9countries and seen 24, nothing compares to this 😊
    I did 3200miles in 6weeks before I decided to inspect the valves and clutch, which led down the rabbit hole.
    Now all I need is to get my bike back on the road...
    The only opinion, of how cool your bike is, that matters is your own...

Bikes:
    Another '98 CBR 900 RR now for the track; '88 Hawk GT will be back on the road come Spring

Default Re: New to the site

Your brother should definitely go for the '98

Not been here that long

Bikes:
    1996 CBR900RR

Default Re: New to the site

He tried but apparently someone else offered the seller more money when he was on his way to pick it up so he missed out... His 929 is pretty slick though👍

I just got an airtech streamlining tail cowl as well as APE cam sprockets so stay tuned for updates on those too, looks like I'll be installing a thinner head gasket to increase the compression.
    The only opinion, of how cool your bike is, that matters is your own...