Thread: Assistance on Identifying Fork Internalls 93-98

Not been here that long

Default Assistance on Identifying Fork Internalls 93-98

Looking for assistance identifying fork internals. Just pulled the tops off a set of forks to change the oil, drop in RaceTech springs and I discovered two different Preload adjusters and Rebound adjuster styles. See attached.

One has the ball/spring and rebound rod set up for detents or "Clicks" for adjusting and two relief holes on the preload adjuster. The other is just a screw style rebound adjuster and is not drilled with the oil ports. I feel like this difference will have unbalanced rebound.

Anyone know what years each are? I feel like I can plug the two ports on the one so the rebound action is the same on both forks. Thoughts?

TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210919_202717_resized.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	15271  

RRzone Member

Bikes:
    CBR900RRN, Morini 3 1/2

Default Re: Assistance on Identifying Fork Internalls 93-98

I'd check out the parts manuals. I know that first Blades (RRN/RRP - I have an RRN) didn't have rebound adjustment. That got added, *possibly*, with the Foxeye models. Maybe you have a mish mash of parts from both.
    Dave
    Carpe diem ...

Not been here that long

Default Re: Assistance on Identifying Fork Internalls 93-98

Thanks Dave,. I haven't found the parts fische(is this even a word anymore?) not fine enough to show this detail. I've been cruising eBay,nthe pictures are good but most listings claim ,"X" fits 93-97 which may be true, but not entirely accurate. Hoping someone with a stash of spares may know or have a matching pair of preload adjusters they will sell me.

Quote Originally Posted by dvhttn View Post
    I'd check out the parts manuals. I know that first Blades (RRN/RRP - I have an RRN) didn't have rebound adjustment. That got added, *possibly*, with the Foxeye models. Maybe you have a mish mash of parts from both.